Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Does CL9 support 91?

Hey guys, something just been brought up on the Euro FB page. Was wondering if it's safe to run the car on 91? From what I can see, the note on the fuel filler cap thingy suggest 95+ or E10. I know that engines will be designed to tolerate 91 incase of emergencies, but running 91 continuously would be bad wouldn't it?

overtime it would, it eventually corode the fuel lines, is what i was told... but could be mistaken

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yes. extended risk of engine knock, which is potentially fatal

e10 will corrode things
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I wouldn't run 91 in my lawnmower.Not to mention E10 NEVER.98 for my cars always.

E10 is the worlds best scam. They sell it for you cheap, then the mechanics can chop you when you need to replace hoses and parts due to the damage that E10 has made.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Hiace vans at work have had E10 91RON since they were born, with all of them having between 250-500k kms on them with no hose or fuel system issues I think the hype is overrated. If the cap says 'E10 is ok', then E10 is ok.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The Euro is compatible with E10 petrol. There is an official statement from Honda Australia confirming this.

The engine is designed to use 95 RON or higher. If you use 91 RON, there is a chance of knocking. If the knock sensor detects knock, it will inject more fuel to run rich in order to prevent knocking. As a result, you lose engine power, you get black smoke, higher fuel consumption, a fouled catalytic converter and the exhaust tips will be black.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I figured that's about what would happen, the Knock I mean. I was just surprised to hear several people say they run their car on 91 since new and it's been fine. Was kinda tempted since the difference between 91 and 95 keeps growing like a bitch.

I accidentally put 91 in mine once. Can't quite remember why, probably wasn't paying attention or something.

It got absolutely horrible economy (about 25L/100km) and kept making popping sounds from the exhaust. It was obviously running far too rich.

After changing back to the right petrol it was back to normal. You will definitely do damage running 91 long (or even medium) term.

thats some badass economy, drinks more then an v8