Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ripping out that annoying resonator box!

Ok guys,

So i recieved my new CAI in the mail today for my 94 DC4. ripped out the stock piping to the throttle body and the original air box. All thats left to do is rip out the bottom aka the resonator box right? WRONG WRONG. I have unscrewed the two bolts holding it in and have been manuvering out for the past 30 minutes now...... no progress what so ever. it just wont come out. Is their a way of doing this without ripping of the front bar? i dont feel confortable doing that. there only two bolts holding it in right? in willing to get a hack saw out and shredding it off if nothing else.

Any input would be appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    You need to take off the front bar, it will be easier, there are bolts from the bottom as well, not only the ones you see in your bay. I took one out a few weeks ago

All the best

Regards,

Gilbert.
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Jack your car up and take undo your drivers side splash guard.

Then take it out from the bottom
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    removing the bumpers easy man you can do it
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Ok ive had enough fo this piece of shit. Il ttake the front bumber off. Although i cant seem to find any good guides for pre face lift? anyone know where i can find one?

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    Screws on top of bumper when you open hood

Bolts on the side holding the fender and bumper together/ splash guards

Bolts on the bottom under the bumper

You might have to look if lights/ indicators are attached aswell
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

have fun

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    No need to take off front bumper, even though itll be easier but way too much work...

Theres three bolts...two easily visible when u get under the car and a third one right up towards the top near the splash guard.

As dc2r-0636 said taking off the guard may make things easier or extensions and rachet!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post

I did this method aswell, just make sure your wheel is full locked in. Heaps easier.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    That helps aswell, forgot to mention I took my drivers side wheel off lol
    snapping 2nd..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post

This totally. I took my wheel off as well mate. Stuff removing the front bumper.

OP where do you live?

Ive got the wheel turned all the way to the right, splash guard off, all three bolts are detinely gone and yet it just refuses abdsolutely refuses to come off. ive had enough. Mates coming over with the angle grinder .... im gnna rip it to shreds. besides with a CAI it wont be needed. i live in sydney inner west