Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2

1998 Orthia GX-S Aero 2.0L

We did a bit of an impulse buy on the weekend and bought this..

Its a 98 Orthia GX-S Aero 2.0

Bought it off a kiwi bloke who imported it to NZ before he moved to perth and brought it in as a personal import.

It's basically a long wheelbase EK civic wagon with a B20B out of a CRV. Unfortunately this is just the front drive version, there is a 4wd version in japan.the front end of an ek will bolt straight on and the fenders even line up to the creases in the doors, all suspension is apparently same as ek's but they have the female style LCA's as EG6/DC2R.

Its got all the standard issue JDM bits like folding mirrors, window visors, oem bodykit, oem privacy glass, climate control, abs, dual front airbags, black interior with red highlights, oem carbon interior trim, oem leather airbag steering wheel with red stitching, amber lights with 180km speedo, oem foglights.

Interior is like new, exterior is pretty perfect except for some rubbed off paint on rear bumper, only 119,000kms, motor seems very tight, timing belt etc has been done not too long ago.

Has some plain-jane 5spoke 15" alloys, not sure what brand, the guy said they were on the car when he imported from japan but the arent to my liking and the rubber isnt up to my standard so will get some new tyres on my old spoon sw388 replicas on there and definately need to lower that thing...

PS. anyone recognise my rims ? they arent Rodney Jane T-Mart specials haha.
    Last edited by VT3C; 22-05-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    will be keepinga lookout for you

looks very nice

plans? vtak head?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Wow looks good! Talk about unique. Thanks for sharing.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Has the unique factor for sure,pretty ugly though.Bit too soccer mom spec

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    only plans are to lower it and fit my SpooMs, It's for my GF so has to remain auto etc. hence 'soccer mom' as it may become a familly wagon in a few years HAHA. I would lean towards boost on this one rather than a VTEC head I think as the auto kinda dictates that. it has a lot of torque though, who knows.

it's the first car that's had more than 3 doors we've owned in 13 years HAHAHA - time to get practical since my EG is completely impractical.

yeh it's a bit ugly - but it grows on you.. it took 2 days and I then was loving it.. these phone pics dont do it justice though, and the rims are butt-ugly so i'll take some proper photos once I swap my rims over

..plus need to get coilovers on thar ! waaay too high !

THIS CAR is my inspiration but it will be a comfy cruiser not a caged track beast like this one:

Last edited by VT3C; 22-05-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    I think it looks cool. Does need to be lower, and have some better wheels xD
    With a bit of love, you'll have this looking awesome

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    I think it looks cool. Does need to be lower, and have some better wheels xD
    With a bit of love, you'll have this looking awesome
    I have my old SW388 replicas to go on but need to save coin for new rubber first.. stupid expensive tyres in australia

Need to get under it and check the LCA's and confirm what the suspension matches to, have read that it's identical to all ek's but then also read that it's setup is from jdm dc2r/eg6 not ek.. typical internet..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Finally fitted the eg/dc2R konis and king springs lows.. front on lowest setting, rear on mid height setting.. have to raise the front to the mid height next week as with the lip kit its too low.

Havn't taken it for a drive yet though, should be interesting with all the speed humps round here..

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    dude thats awsome .. they remind of a Toyota Caldina front with a Nissane Stagea style rear
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Latino CRX View Post
    dude thats awsome .. they remind of a Toyota Caldina front with a Nissane Stagea style rear
    i was thinking the same!
    . h i t o r i k o .

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Oops facebook doesnt like linking images anymore..

I had a set of dc2r konis and kings lows a few months ago, this was with konis all round but on their highest settings lol..

It was so much fun to drive like this but loads of speedhumps in my area and not a chance it was legal.. only scraped a tad on full lock.

Had to go konis on rear on highest setting and stock orthia shocks up front with the kings to get it level and not too low. It now has 2 finger gap

These photos are the first height, will take some new shots soon.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Looks mad as. B20VTEC?