Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

[CL9] - Audio System - AUX

Okay, as we all know the AUX on the Euro is a bit of a pain... and I'm tired of burning CD's and changing them all the time whilst driving and sick of the FM Transmitter I have cos it loses sound quality (especially because I have a pretty decent JL system installed).
    Ive had a look into xcarlink and stuff but not sure what the best method is. I've been told you can hook up an adapter at the back of the headunit which allows you to use AUX cables (or ipods or whatever)?

So my question I pose to the people of the forum, has anyone else done anything to get the AUX working? If so, tips, help and ideas please!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    There's a thread on the xcarlink. Got it myself. Works just fine. There's even a DIY thread to help you install it.

I got the GROM audio unit from cushieaudio.

The model I got comes with 3 connections, one for USB, one for AUX and one for Bluetooth. You could substitute either the AUX or the Bluetooth for an iPod/iPhone connection but I don't use either or those so went with AUX + BT to go with my Android phone. Steering wheel controls allow me to change tracks but there are certain times when it won't work (ie. You start the music player before syncing).

Not sure on the overall quality since I'm not really an audio buff and my sound system's stock but it's decent IMO. When I first got it the quality coming over BT didn't sound all that flash but I think it's gotten better after a few firmware updates.

i say dont bother with the time and effort

just get an aftermarket head deck with the fascia kit to suit

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    i say dont bother with the time and effort

just get an aftermarket head deck with the fascia kit to suit
    I say get xcarlink. Easy to installs and plug in and setup

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    I say get xcarlink. Easy to installs and plug in and setup
    +1. Easy to install, just need to take care removing gear shifter surrounds. Works great with iPhone 4, only had one screw up where music didn't play and unplugging/replugging fixed it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    ugggghhh, so is the xcarlink really worth the money? Perfect CD Quality coming through? Anyone selling one? lol, just not 100% convinced that $170 investment into this is really worth it

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Sounds identical to CDs to me. Depends on what quality your mp3s/AAC files are at too. I've got stock audio so you may notice a difference with better speakers. One thing to note was my phone dropped to 2G once and the interference was very noticeable. If you frequently are stuck on 2G that's something to keep in mind. I paid the money mostly for the steering wheel controls and charging ability.

wouldnt it be better to get a decent HU, and something like this. that way you can retain your steering wheel as well as aftermarket HU for better SQ

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Okay guys, finally decided I'm going to get one of these (yes long time I know lol). So I'm going to grab one, but just wanted to ask if anyone on here is selling one? Preferably in VIC somewhere..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XCarlink-...item4168367a26

That one will be just fine if no one else is selling one?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Softcox View Post
    just need to take care removing gear shifter surrounds
    I second that. When I broke mine it was a very long, frustrating and expensive exercise. I'll never remove it again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Nugget View Post
    I second that. When I broke mine it was a very long, frustrating and expensive exercise. I'll never remove it again.
    I found it pretty easy, maybe I was just lucky. I think the trick is that you have to apply a reasonable amount of force without suddenly wrenching it apart too quickly. I copied one of the many videos on YouTube to get an idea.