Member Array
    Car:
    Eg

cannot turn car off even with key out of ignition

i have A 1996 honda integra, when the battery is connected the abs,battery,oil,door,handbrake lights are on the dash and the blinkers work aswell with out key in ignition when i put the key in and turn it to ignition the radio turns on. the car will start but then i cannot turn it off, it will stay running even when the key is taken out. the lights also stay on abs goes off when car is started. any ideas guys maby ignition switch and barrel.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    hrmmm...
    did you play around with any wiring? Because sounds like an electrical short.
    maybe use a test light and test the ignition switch and barrel. while car is off but with battery connected.
    see what sort of electricity is going through.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Perhaps it's Carrie, the possessed demon car.

Or,

You definantly have swich problem.. Because the Acc and Ignition should not have power when the car is 'off'
    Haven't done anything silly like install Remote Start/Turbo Timer recently have you?
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    You have a transformer
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    faulty ignition barrel maybe? got any friends with the same car?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

The electrical plug that plugs into the back of the keyed part is what actually goes bad in most cases.

Electrical issues can be a bitch, purchase a HELMS manual from the states and it will help.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i downloaded my helms manual haha :P
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    power with the key out battery on is the 12v constant and the 12 ignition

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like a dodgey aftermarket remote start system. Its very unlikly to be the ignition switch, but then again if it is melted really badly then its possible it could cause your problem.