Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Cancelling a new car purchase

Hi All,

I would like to ask a question regarding cancelling a purchase of a new car.

basically my wife bought a new car (not a honda) last weekend and the waiting period for the car she want to be avaialble on this particular dealer is 12 months ().

Then I browse around yesterday and found out that the car that she wants is available from different dealer (in stock no waiting list)

and since the cooling off period is passed, what cost do I need to consider , etc?

Thanks heaps for all of your help!

Cheers

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

read the signed contract.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    read the signed contract.

lol
    I did, but there's nothing mention "cancellation" or "termination" after the cooling off period

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    I did, but there's nothing mention "cancellation" or "termination" after the cooling off period
    normal people would ring the dealer.

ozhonda ppl will ask ozhonda.

normal people would ring the dealer.

ozhonda ppl will ask ozhonda.
    I dont want to ask the dealer "hey mate, look I want to terminate my contract with you guys. How do I do that?"

If at the end we need to pay too much and decide to stay with this dealer, what kind of treatment do you think we'll get from them?

Thanks for your help btw.

I dont want to ask the dealer "hey mate, look I want to terminate my contract with you guys. How do I do that?"

If at the end we need to pay too much and decide to stay with this dealer, what kind of treatment do you think we'll get from them?

you could ring and ask anonymously

you could ring and ask anonymously
    Thanks for your help

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Lol.....................

Volvo forums > OZH for helpfulness... Then again that forum is full of middle aged bolding lawyers.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Here's some info from experience, i used to work for a dealership.

Call them and tell them that you would like to cancel the contract. You have decided that 12 months wait is too long and the brand new car that you wanted will be a 1 year old model by that time.

Dealerships can swap their stock, so they should do a stock search and try to buy in the one you found at another dealer (unless that one is a registered demonstrator, in which case they cannot stock swap it). If they are not willing to do this then you can cancel your contract. They may request that they keep your deposit as a cancellation fee however this is fairly rare, there should be a cancellation clause on the contract.

IF you have any other questions feel free to ask
    OHSC

bludger has a reputation beyond repute! So don't talk to him like that mate DU MA!!!

"hey mate, look I want to terminate my contract with you guys. How do I do that?" >>> that is exactly what you should be asking!

This aren't even a Honda so ur a blardy time waster!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    could throw some drama at them. Family members died overseas etc, dont see why they would charge a cancelation fee then.. its basicly pride or money at this stage, your choice. This is why you shop around like crazy before hand
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Lol.....................

Volvo forums > OZH for helpfulness... Then again that forum is full of middle aged bolding lawyers.
    "bolding"?