Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    pita?
    Pain In The Arseeee

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Yeah that is the first thing comes in mind... I've done some more research on this and didnt find anything (inlcuding those guys on Veloster.org forum)There is a problem on MY11, but is on the manual model, not the DCT. So I think this part is ok.

The only problem I could see (like everyone pointed out here) is the resale value... but my wife said she wants to keep it for a very long while (10+ years) and since they give 5 years Hyundai + 3 years dealer warranty and 6 years On-Road assist. I think its not a bad thing to do (keeping it for 10+ years)
    if youre getting one with the sunroof there have been cases of the sunroof exploding
    i forgot why, maybe a chassis problem or something i cant remember, but it was raining glass down on the driver and passenger while they were driving
    i read that on the veloster.org forums a couple months ago when i was doing research on it for myself. just something else to look into
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    if youre getting one with the sunroof there have been cases of the sunroof exploding
    i forgot why, maybe a chassis problem or something i cant remember, but it was raining glass down on the driver and passenger while they were driving
    i read that on the veloster.org forums a couple months ago when i was doing research on it for myself. just something else to look into
    Are you serious, that is ridiculous

Yup, have read about that

But it seems only happens on the LHD model

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    exploding roof wtf!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

And this one happens on Audi:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUFpDN37yfo

scary.... is this usually a common fault with sunroof?

Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    scary.... is this usually a common fault with sunroof?
    I've got 3 cars with sunroof, never happened to me (touch wood). I think the problem with "Tempered" glass is that it is a bit fragile if the temperature is too cold or too hot or change from one to the other in an instant...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I think the chassis doesn't alow for the glass's thermal expansion

a sunroof has a rubber seal around it so it wouldn't be under stress when it expands
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Oh btw, an update on my situation...
    We think we're going to wait for the MY12 to come down because the dealer said he will call us on Friday COB or Saturday before midday, but we haven't received any call. Then at 3:00pm yesterday we've decided to call them and they said they will call us back in 1 hour time to update the situation with the other dealer.

well, 1 hour and 1 day later... still no call from them. I've rang them back 15mins ago and the reception said that the particular salesman is with a customer, so she will forward my message to him. Still havent heard anything back from them.

So the reason why we will wait for the MY12 is not because of we thinking about the drop in resale value, etc. But because we have lost faith in the salesman and will not asked him to do anything out of what described on my original contract (just in case he'll do some dodgy thing and when we complain to them in the future he will say "oh because the contract is for the original car,blablabla).

Anyway, that where we are atm. Well keep on post some updates later