Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Bumping up this thread. I went to bunnings to compare the sidchrome and kincrome ratchets. They felt like rubbish! Mainly because they were both like 30tooth. I tried a bahco ratchet at total tools which was like 72 tooth, was silky smooth and felt a whole lot better.

Can anyone recommend a good high tooth ratchet?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    but more teeth = smaller teeth = weaker?

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Sostools t&e crank pulley holder 69.00 p/n 4693

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by adamc11 View Post
    Bumping up this thread. I went to bunnings to compare the sidchrome and kincrome ratchets. They felt like rubbish! Mainly because they were both like 30tooth. I tried a bahco ratchet at total tools which was like 72 tooth, was silky smooth and felt a whole lot better.

Can anyone recommend a good high tooth ratchet?
    Kinchrome do make a nice one, fren of mine bought an extensible one from a tool shop ( that stock a different Kinchrome line to Bunnings ). Not sure the exact tooth count but at least 60 teeth if not 72. Has compact swivel head with quick release. Bahco's head lot chuckier.

They sell a non swivel head with normal handle also.

I bought a 1/2" ratchet with the same design in hk for about AUD $20 or something ie a fraction of the price Kinchrome charges and they simply rebrand an oem design as their own.

SP tools sell one with a smiliar design but with an offset/cocked handle with high tooth count, $70 or so for 3/8" from memory.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by EG30; 25-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    I glanced through this thread so not sure if anyone mentioned Repco tools.

I've got a mix of Sidchrome, Bahco, Repco tools. Even the odd no name and Aldi tool. I'd seriously consider Repco tools for the home mechanic - you can get them on sale and they are well made. I also remember one of the car magazines doing some tests on torque wrenches from the top brands and the dark horse Repco came out tops.

And I've also got the Costco jack - best buy ever! Raises to full height in like 5 pumps and one of the lowest profile jacks for the money.

Member Array
    Car:
    90Civic 3DHatch
    why do you need the oil filter tool if you do your own oil changes and only hand tighten the filter which is recommended and don't forget to put oil on the rubber seal

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzziebiker View Post
    why do you need the oil filter tool if you do your own oil changes and only hand tighten the filter which is recommended and don't forget to put oil on the rubber seal
    You don't. It's just handy when they are hard to get off.

ole blue m8, ole blue.

I'll try find a pic

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzziebiker View Post
    Because even after hand-tightening the oil filter, with all of the heat cycles from the oil and the thermal expansions and contractions that come with it, the filter becomes even tighter.