Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Cl9 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    PS: Slotted rotors look cool.

I got slotted and dimpled on mine.... bit of a wank... but for $270 front AND rear shipped I cant complain lol
    and so I can just use Acura TSX 2005 as "model guide"? since I can't found CL9 in their search engine
    Robert
    AUTOSPORTS HONDA
    565 Parramatta Road Leichhardt, NSW,2040
    Ph: (02) 9509 0688
    Mob: 0425 000 123

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by skyichigo View Post
    Not completely wrapped, was just thinking to change them cause the noise, got a tyre shop looked at it yesterday before installing my new wheels , and the guy said everything is fine. As soon as I driven away, that sounds came back.. hate that squealing noise .. BTW, some people reckon just go new rotors.. how much for machining a rotor cost?
    $15 a corner is the usual rate

they do take a few MM off ur rotor tho so it kinda reduces rotor life.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Slotted rotors are louder then normal rotors. But they do look cool.

If just for daily and if its cheaper Brembo blanks will be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    I would recommend DBA 4000. top stuff 400 delivered

Member Array
    Car:
    Cl9 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    PS: Slotted rotors look cool.

I got slotted and dimpled on mine.... bit of a wank... but for $270 front AND rear shipped I cant complain lol
    what brand do you use freedops?
    Robert
    AUTOSPORTS HONDA
    565 Parramatta Road Leichhardt, NSW,2040
    Ph: (02) 9509 0688
    Mob: 0425 000 123

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    what brand do you use freedops?
    88 rotors

but the hubs arent painted so they rust

so if I were you id get the EBC
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Brembo is a good brand, but depends on what your getting. It's the same with everything, e.g. just because a CPU is made by Intel, doesn't mean it's gonna be good. The Atom is absolute crap. If you go DBA, I reckon for around the amount your paying, you could prob get slotted rotors, or perhaps bigger ones.
    Your example of the Atom processor is flawed. The Atom processor is perfect for the intended application. BTW - we use the Atom processor to run the intelligence for 12 axis high speed, high accuracy robotic arms, CNC and welding machines all day everyday. we can drive motors with an accuracy of 25 bit resolution which basically means we can control 24 million steps for 1 revolution of a motor (360 deg). That's f*cking accurate from just a Atom processor.

Are you planning to change your calipers? or are they the stock one? If you want smooth, OEM feel of the brake operations for everyday use get the stock Honda ones. Track use will be a difference story.

Speaking from experience I've use DBA slotted rotors on a mild boosted Supra TT and found them to pulse after spirited driving and a little grabby when cold. I sold them and got the OEM Toyota ones and didn't have the pulsing issue. The Supra TT calipers are 4 piston calipers and are easy to change pads and do overhauls on them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    @Ben, the Atom is flawed as a processor. I'm not saying that it doesn't have the power to do basic calculations, but it is a rebadged P4, and AMD's fusion totally kills it. It's like saying Honda releases a 5ltr V8 VTEC that makes 150kw at fly, it still works just fine for day to day, but that kind of output is crap compared to today standards. You can't really argue that it's efficient either, as the Sandy Bridge i3's use only 25w during video playback vs 18w for the atom (which I might add struggles badly with 720p, much less 1080p), but do note that the i3 is easily 10x faster.

On topic though, I'm surprised teh DBA rotors made the brakes more grabby when cold. I thought that'ld be more dependent on the pads. Had slotted DBA on my dad's Evo8 though, didn't notice it or the pulsing. Was it like having the ABS active or something?
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 26-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Your example of the Atom processor is flawed. The Atom processor is perfect for the intended application. BTW - we use the Atom processor to run the intelligence for 12 axis high speed, high accuracy robotic arms, CNC and welding machines all day everyday. we can drive motors with an accuracy of 25 bit resolution which basically means we can control 24 million steps for 1 revolution of a motor (360 deg). That's f*cking accurate from just a Atom processor.

Are you planning to change your calipers? or are they the stock one? If you want smooth, OEM feel of the brake operations for everyday use get the stock Honda ones. Track use will be a difference story.

Speaking from experience I've use DBA slotted rotors on a mild boosted Supra TT and found them to pulse after spirited driving and a little grabby when cold. I sold them and got the OEM Toyota ones and didn't have the pulsing issue. The Supra TT calipers are 4 piston calipers and are easy to change pads and do overhauls on them.
    CPU aside.

The brembo blanks are made in china to Oe spec.

Not worth it when you could get British made EBC slotted fr $20 or so more with painted central hub

and so I can just use Acura TSX 2005 as "model guide"? since I can't found CL9 in their search engine
    i would have no problems with that.

i use an acura 3.5RL service manual on my legend, it gives me a rough idea of what to do, and how to go about it.