Newcomer Array

DC5 Power steering high pressure feed line, contacting Honda Australia

Hi,

Last week the power steering high pressure feed line/ house started to leak on my partners MY05 DC5 Integra Luxury. The line is leaking out onto the exhaust manifold causing smoke and obviously losing fluid. I have had a quote from the local stealership for $950, as the hose itself is $715.

When I finally picked my jaw up off the ground I looked around on the internet and found out that yes the part is worth that much, but what i also found out was that there was recent recall on the CL9 Accord Euro for the same high pressure p/s hose. http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1001465

I went back to my stealer and of course they were of no help, as the DC5 was not recalled and the car is out of warranty they won't help, they suggested I contact Honda Australia.

My questions are:

• Has any one had this same fault with their DC5 Integra? If so what was the outcome.
    • Is the american part interchangeable? I found several on ebay US but the part numbers differ slightly to the part number I need.
    • Has anyone contacted H.A before? or I am just wasting my time
    • Finally if anyone has the part I would love to hear from them, the offical Honda part number is L/53719-S6M-024

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    not sure if US part is interchangeable since their steering rack is on the other side.
    i dont think it's interchangeable.

price from honda usa is abt $205 for new hose exc. shipping.
    you should call up honda wreckers and see if they have any
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Why dont you try remove the leaking high pressure hose and take it to a hydraulic shop such as enzed or pirtek. They will make up a new hose using your leaking p/s hose and it should cost you less then $200 and you should get some sort of warranty with it. Buy some new p/s fluid, re install the new made up hose and refill your p/s system and should be good to go.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    maybe try someone who is wrecking their dc5 and maybe get it off them.
    for that price go get one custom made up. just like what gen2 CRX recommended.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Theres a few wrecks going about man. im sure a wrecker wont charge u that price!

Called a few honda Wreckers and they are charging about 250-350$ just for the hose..used..

Told em to grfckdm8.. And all i want is the fitting and not the entire hose..

But yes the wreckers will charge u an arm and leg..

But i believe the accords with the k24 motors PS top hose should be the same.

Dig it up compare and match!!.

Let us knw how u go too as im after a hose too...
    Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by mytfoz View Post
    maybe try someone who is wrecking their dc5 and maybe get it off them.
    for that price go get one custom made up. just like what gen2 CRX recommended.
    They will make up a new hose using your leaking p/s hose and it should cost you less then $200 and you should get some sort of warranty with it.