Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY13 AccordEuro

Question Replace the cigarette lighter socket with a regular socket ?

Does anyone know whether it is possible to replace the cigarette lighter socket in an Accord Euro with the other (regular) type found in the centre console ? According to the owners manual one should not plug anything other than the cigarette lighter into that socket. This is a nuisance when you want your phone charger in there, close to your phone (that you may use as a GPS).

Cheers,
    Siggy

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    just get a longer usb cable from the usb cig charger...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY13 AccordEuro
    It is fixed at the charger side, but if you have a source for a micro-USB extension cable, I would be very interested. The only one I could find was on ebay and it was only 30cm long.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I plugged shit in my lighter everyday no problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Me also... prior to now I had no idea Honda recommended such a thing. I've never had an issue with it.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

I plug in my iphone charger all the time and havnt had a problem with it? But that could of contributed to my cigarette lighter not heating up haha.

I use it for my iPhone charger/GPS charger... I don't smoke so I've never even used the ciggie lighter. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it still works lol