Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek1

Hasport engine mounts

Hi all,

It has been around 3 months since I have install my Hasport engine mounts on my DC5R, and there is a major noticeable improvement all-round. However, a few things I have noticed is that a few components in my car are now vibrating, for example my dash board and rear mirror view (mainly). This occurs only whilst driving. I know this vibration is normal, but my friend told me that over time the excessive vibration will cause the internal bolts/nuts etc to become loose. Is this correct??! Should I be worried?

Also, I read on a forums that these vibrations will eventually stop. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

they dont stop. you just get used to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by xQuizit View Post
    they dont stop. you just get used to it.
    Right on lol

Welcome to the world of Hasport

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    If you have the 60a grade bushing inserts for your hasport, they will wear down and the vibration will be a lot less over time.

As for the rattling and unusual loose interior sounds, they stay. Unless you attempt to fix them.

To minimize the buzzing and loose trim sound. Make sure your interior is fully secured down with all the screws, bolts and clips.

Put some loctite on them screws and bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by mnc View Post
    If you have the 60a grade bushing inserts for your hasport, they will wear down and the vibration will be a lot less over time.

As for the rattling and unusual loose interior sounds, they stay. Unless you attempt to fix them.

To minimize the buzzing and loose trim sound. Make sure your interior is fully secured down with all the screws, bolts and clips.

Put some loctite on them screws and bolts.
    with hard sussy & mounts, I've found the dash plastic mounting points have cracked over time.

you can't have the best of both worlds.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    damn lol...oh well.

Thanks for the tip man

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    with hard sussy & mounts, I've found the dash plastic mounting points have cracked over time.

you can't have the best of both worlds.
    Not looking forward to this! ><

I don't put anything in my glove box anymore because i cannot stand the rattle.. Haha.
    If you really do get sick of it, there are softer alternatives to Hasport.. Such as ESP.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Would a torque damper be beneficial?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I've had one, mild benefit, vibrates the car/fulfils it's purpose a bit, but imo, more blingy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    engine damper would be better for reducing the load on the stock mounts, but all these cheapy ebay jobs are just filled with diff oil and dodgy seals
    OHSC

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    engine damper would be better for reducing the load on the stock mounts, but all these cheapy ebay jobs are just filled with diff oil and dodgy seals
    the one I had wasn't oil filled, took it apart and inside was plastic filled.......

was years ago, can't remember the exact details.....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    the one I had wasn't oil filled, took it apart and inside was plastic filled.......

was years ago, can't remember the exact details.....
    Gas only i'd say - bump up the gas pressure to try and force the engine into not moving
    OHSC