Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek

just car insurance unlisted driver premium?

hey guys cousin is looking at buying an ep3r and just car insurance in his name is about 3 grand a year but in his mothers name about 1100. aami lists the unlisted driver excess at a bit more than double the listed drivers, just car does not say anything about unlisted drivers.

what i am asking here i guess is does just car cover unlisted drivers at all and if they do what is the excess if he does get into an accident?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    This is one of those things you are going to have to ring and ask and read the terms and conditions

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    Just call em and ask man, best thing to do so you don't get the wrong information

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    hey guys cousin is looking at buying an ep3r and just car insurance in his name is about 3 grand a year but in his mothers name about 1100. aami lists the unlisted driver excess at a bit more than double the listed drivers, just car does not say anything about unlisted drivers.

what i am asking here i guess is does just car cover unlisted drivers at all and if they do what is the excess if he does get into an accident?
    Have a look at ai insurance.

You can download the product disclosure statement off there site. If its not mentioned then call them.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    IMO don't buy a car if you can't afford to insure it. Insurance hurts when you're young for a good reason. Pay it and you'll drive carefully as a result lol.

It also means that if you indeed do have an accident, we dont have to dick about with drivers who can only pay $20/wk.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    lol we aint poor its just a big factor when buying a car, rather be comfortable knowing car is still covered and if something does happen excess will just be higher than not covered if thats the case he will opt for something not imported so it can be insured with aami or something, damn just car.

and yeh will probably give them a call thanks anwyays guys

Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    lol we aint poor its just a big factor when buying a car...
    i wasnt implying that you were poor, rather it seems that is the case with many drivers who dont have comprehensive insurance.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    is it really worth paying 1.2k a year on comprehensive insurance when you'll basically pay the car back its worth in 4-5 years?

Just saying.. its just not practical for some cars.. especially as our honda's go older... third party does me..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by eeko View Post
    is it really worth paying 1.2k a year on comprehensive insurance when you'll basically pay the car back its worth in 4-5 years?

Just saying.. its just not practical for some cars.. especially as our honda's go older... third party does me..
    Agreed. Why would I comp a DC4 or EG? I do have fire and theft, though, but that's barely more expensive anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Exactly.. indie, im also on third party fire and theft on my ek4.. its an extra $50 or something like that.

At the same time.. dont drive like a douche pay attention on the road and you'll most probably be able to avoid most incoming incidents if your aware.
    Last edited by eeko; 28-05-2012 at 12:37 AM.

this thread needs to end at reply #1. im gunna b a ****wit

1. don't assume cause someone who doesn't wanna pay 3k for comprehensive insurance is too poor to actually afford it (because in essence that's what your saying regardless how you word it ). rather than ignoring the fact that its called shopping trying to find a better deal, and the main point was how can he find out more info on the policy. jesus. if u tell someone, if u cant pay for insurance u shouldn't afford it, without assessing the situation, ur just as much as a dud. NRMA wanted nearly 9k to insure the evo 8, and if someone came up to me and said, you should sell it cause u cant afford the insurance. get the **** out. 1. 9k for insurance is a **** off, and don't try to assume INDIRECTLY (Because this is what ur saying) someone is too poor to afford it when they just want to find a better deal. HOW ever people want to manage their money, LET THEM MANAGE IT, who the heck are you to say what a person can or can't afford. you have no right and you have no say, you sound overly self righteous saying it. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS and just answer questions directly

2. The guys reply should be taken in the fact that his saying, people owning 20k+ value cars not having full comp. not some 5,000$ car. no one states paying 1.2k for a 5,000$ (and if u are your a fool, go do some shopping). at the end of the day you do what you do to afford the things you want and its no one elses business to say otherwise.

and why does noob forum have to revolve around eg's and dc4's etc, and a statement made is often, where originally referencing say, in this case, an ep3r, if not always, spun around to make reference to these cheaper model cars. sigh

/vent..
    Last edited by MWAKU; 28-05-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i