Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EP3R or DC2R

EP3R or DC2R

Hi everyone,

I'm new the forum and in the market for a Honda.

I can't get over the looks of a JDM front end DC2R in CW... however it's so very rare and the price is quite high for its age. What should I expect to pay for a <150000km example?

The EP3R seems like the more logical option but is considerably more expensive. From the research I've done, I'm a bit cautious when I see listings on Carsales 40xxxkms. The median price seems to be 18k, for a 2002, 80-100xxx km example.

What would you guys choose for a daily?

JDM front DC2Rs were never sold in Australia. Take that as it may, it's why its "rare" with note, that anyone who has done the swap has done it by swapping the guards from a Japanese car, probably a front cut. A DC2R in your KM range should be around the $12-$15k price range with some higher KM options dropping down to $10k.

An EP3 Civic Type R is a completely different beast though, and it crosses the line between when power assisted steering became the ducks guts and when cars actually had mechanical feedback through the steering. It depends, an EPR is going to be easier to live with, probably easier to drive around town, but the DC2R is going to be more fun in the long run due to the nature of when it was manufactured.

While a Civic Type R might handle well, its feedback through the steering will make it feel pedestrian. On the other hand you might be able to find a Civic or two that hasn't had such a hard life in comparison to an Integra Type R, particularly as the Type R is being taken up by younger car enthusiasts these days.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 29-08-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    JDM front DC2Rs were never sold in Australia. Take that as it may, it's why its "rare" with note, that anyone who has done the swap has done it by swapping the guards from a Japanese car, probably a front cut. A DC2R in your KM range should be around the $12-$15k price range with some higher KM options dropping down to $10k.

An EP3 Civic Type R is a completely different beast though, and it crosses the line between when power assisted steering became the ducks guts and when cars actually had mechanical feedback through the steering. It depends, an EPR is going to be easier to live with, probably easier to drive around town, but the DC2R is going to be more fun in the long run due to the nature of when it was manufactured.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I wouldn't mind doing the front end conversion myself, from the research people seem to budget $1500 for the parts incl. headlights etc. and respray. It just seems CW itself is hard to come by as well. I see there's a lot of yellow, red and few black ones on Carsales right now.

I appreciate the price range you gave me for the DC2R, what would you consider fair for an EP3 stock example?

Anyone else with input on things to look out for or common issues with either car would be welcomed. For example, bumper sagging I've read about on the DC2R.

Thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Dc2 so old now

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Dc2 so old now
    That's the biggest concern and with the drop in price as well, it exposes it to a market audience the car was never intended for. Just like Peugeot hatchbacks really, you can't find a 306 GTi-6 now that hasn't been rooted within an inch of it's life due to it having been driven by some kid who doesn't give a stuff about cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Ep3 more push me in seat feel on straight line

Dc2 more push out of seat around corner
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    what about dc5r op, looks much better than ep3.

I own a dc2r, and i've driven an ep3r enough to know that dc2r much funner to drive, ep3 is better for daily, looks like a jazz.

depends what you want outa the car. Like others have said though, it would be much easier to find a good condition ep3 rather than a dc2r.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Put ep3 engine in dc2r

Best combo honda ever
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    K20 ek9 ultimate fwd honda

Member Array