Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    For you guys with bad pistons, do you use the jack to hold the weight of the car for more than a minute etc., i.e. for the duration of the task, be it 5 minutes or 1 hr etc.

I'm wondering if the piston dies because it is carrying the weight for a prolonged period rather than just jacking it up and then resting it on jack-stands as soon as ppossible, thus alleviating the stress from the hydraulic jack for greater longevity.

* Still waiting for Costco to restock these jacks!

My first one went bad after a good year - lots of holding weight for time - but it's always advised to get off the jack as quickly as possible. And once in a while back off the jack , pump a few times to get air and sediment out and past the seals - and firmly tighten then jack again

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Had my pro-lift
    Hold up my engine (one mount was removed) for 3 days
    Though when you're lifting your car and hear a massive crack and the jack wont go up - its a worrying sign lol
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    jus gonna shine in here... ive had my jack for over 1.5 yrs now... its been good, no signs of failure or wear, ive used it to hold up my dads hilux heaps of times, considering the 4x4 weights over 2 tonnes so its a sure sign the jack is very well built... Yes its recommended 1.5 tonnes, but proof they are a tough jack
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    jus gonna shine in here... ive had my jack for over 1.5 yrs now... its been good, no signs of failure or wear, ive used it to hold up my dads hilux heaps of times, considering the 4x4 weights over 2 tonnes so its a sure sign the jack is very well built... Yes its recommended 1.5 tonnes, but proof they are a tough jack
    dont think it will be over 2 ton when you jack it up, probably just over 1 ton
    unless you jack up the whole car in one go lol
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    I'm close to breaking down (tired of waiting for Costco to re-stock) and buy the Bahco Aluminium 2T Jack.... at 2x the price of the Arcan jack...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    dont think it will be over 2 ton when you jack it up, probably just over 1 ton
    unless you jack up the whole car in one go lol
    well we jack from the center diff, so its gonna b heavy either way LOL, ive heard of guys jacking the rear end with a trailer attached an its still fine hahaha, not sure how well the seals on the jack goes....

BTW does anyone know if we can service these jacks locally? im wanting to get it serviced end of yr for longevity i guess
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Had mine for almost a year then it got stolen lol, but didnt have any issues with it while i had it.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Had mine for almost a year then it got stolen lol, but didnt have any issues with it while i had it.
    Is this why u had a camera in front of your house?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    It was stolen from a person I had lent it to.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Let's go get it back.

SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

Ah cos my and bro was like whoa this guy didn't trust us lol full recording us.

I kid.

Bl mate.