ek hatch exhaust??

hey, i honestly have no idea where to go with getting an exhaust system for my ek hatch
    i plan on getting the whole system minus headers. i just want a simple bolt on, no messing around exhaust system

can anyone point me in the right direction
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    few options u got really

1.Buy a aftermarket cat back, post a wtb or keep an eye out
    2. Custom cat back made up at exhaust shop.

IMO go option one as its simple bolt on, less headaches as well.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

i was looking at a skunk2 mega
    but apaz it needs some modifications done to the car to fit, so i guess that kills that option, devo

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What engine are you running, and where do you live?

I know you said minus header, but I strongly suggest doing it all in one go to save on labour $$$ and to reap the best results of the new parts.

Mate just make one thread in the "where to buy" section.

Depending on which state you're in you can get BYP/OTR etc to import you or recommend you an exhaust system that goes straight on. Alternatively import it yourself (USA distributors) and save a few hundred
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Mate just make one thread in the "where to buy" section.

Depending on which state you're in you can get BYP/OTR etc to import you or recommend you an exhaust system that goes straight on. Alternatively import it yourself (USA distributors) and save a few hundred

thanks mate, didn't even realize that section existed
    i live in sydney

i was told exhausts from the US may not fit civics here

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    What engine are you running, and where do you live?

I know you said minus header, but I strongly suggest doing it all in one go to save on labour $$$ and to reap the best results of the new parts.
    thanks buddy, i live in sydney and im just running the stock ek cxi 1.6 liter engine
    how will getting the headers aswell save on labour?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    As advised above it would be strongly recommended to simply complete the entire system incl header at the same time to save yourself some cash on labour charges as you will obviously need to have 2 sessions to complete the catback and then the header as a result 2 fat labour charges - unless of course you are going DIY :)

Seeing as though its a D16Y4 you will not see much gains in terms of power with just a catback/muffler you will however get a noticeable change in sound if that's what your after lol

Do it once do it right and get yourself a Fujitsubo/Mugen catback, Hi flow cat mated with Mugen/Buddyclub header and you sir will then have a decent exhaust setup going there :thumbsup:
    Last edited by muzukashi; 30-05-2012 at 01:19 AM.