Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Crank pulley bolt is a C%!T!

Sup chumps, having a really hard time removing this SOB.

Already broken a socket, a SCA chrome vanadium ones, and its cracked, so guess there still not as tough as they say hahaha

IM ready to call it quits an throw it all back together >_<

Ive tried a massive 1.5 meter pole as extension still no luck

Using this tool to hold the pulley to stop rotating, it works Ok, but prbs not the most ideal tool to use, as it slips quit easily.

Is a Air impact gun the only way to go? Ive heard of ppl in the states that have had zero luck with conventional rattle guns that most workshops have, instead opted for a truck rattle gun to pull the sucker off...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    You need a rattle gun, 1/2" at least and also impact sockets - normal sockets are no good.
    OHSC

Or an 1" breaker bar with extension. I use a truck/heavy machinery ratchet.
    Even a 1/2 inch can snap On the crank bolt !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    dangz! im starting to think i bite off more than i can chew doing the timing belt at home :/

Hrmmm might need to go around and hunt for some bigger tools and defs impact sockets...

Was thinking of hiring a impact gun + compressor, but i doubt it would b upto the job, though i could b wrong

But might go an ask around few places if they can loosen up the bolt firstly before i go spending more dosh on tools
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Don't drive the car with the nut loosened...

The correct impact socket should do it on a 1/2" gun, just use a lower setting and hit it for longer. Or as Ben said, go for a 1" bar with extension
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Don't drive the car with the nut loosened...

The correct impact socket should do it on a 1/2" gun, just use a lower setting and hit it for longer. Or as Ben said, go for a 1" bar with extension
    well there goes my idea hahaha will defs give a go 2morrw with bigger tools... never doin a timing belt ever again lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    get a oxy and heat that shit up

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    wow impressive! must try it 2morrw
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    just did mine about a month ago. 1st up wedge flywheel good good, get some good sockets and breaker bar, a 1.5m pipe came in handy too, just heat it well (i used propane) and use a good penetration oil and itl come off. Lefty loosy righty tighty, remember that.
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusive_eg8 View Post
    just did mine about a month ago. 1st up wedge flywheel good good, get some good sockets and breaker bar, a 1.5m pipe came in handy too, just heat it well (i used propane) and use a good penetration oil and itl come off. Lefty loosy righty tighty, remember that.
    im ruling out the idea of jamming things into the flywheel to stop it spinning... heard cases where they broke a tooth off the fly wheel and cracked the bell housing lol...

but from what everyones gathered ill go from there, good useful tips, and hopefully things work out 2morrw for the best

Worse case, ill have to put the thing back together and pay a workshop to do it, which i dont wanna, but if i cant undo this bolt than thats that lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    no need for rattle gun, go to workshop and borrow a bolt shock tool for crank bolts
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900