Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Errr, that'll do it....
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    The best way to remove the crank pulley without power tools is to bolt a transmission bolt into the block, get a big flat head screwdriver or crow bar and insert into a tooth on the flywheel, position it so that when you un do the crank pulley bolt, the bolt and screw driver will jam and stop the engine from turning. Then use a big breaker bar to undo the crank pulley bolt. Use a pipe as an extension if you need extra leverage.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    If i had access to one of em suckers, dont think ill b posting ere lol

Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    The best way to remove the crank pulley without power tools is to bolt a transmission bolt into the block, get a big flat head screwdriver or crow bar and insert into a tooth on the flywheel, position it so that when you un do the crank pulley bolt, the bolt and screw driver will jam and stop the engine from turning. Then use a big breaker bar to undo the crank pulley bolt. Use a pipe as an extension if you need extra leverage.
    as ive said, i dont think ill go that route under the chances of snapping a tooth off the flywheel or worse breaking the bell housing, but its an idea non the less....

Anyways day 2 of this job, lets hope it goes well haha
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Crank pulley tool from honda or SCA

http://automotivetool.files.wordpres...ulley_tool.jpg

Holds the bolt in place while wedging the actual tool to the chassis of the car (or the ground). Then use a socket and a meter long breaker bar it should come off. Leveridge FTW!

EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    just jam it lol. flywheel doesnt break that easy.
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Heat it up with a jetlighter, heatgun, torch etc
    Quickly cool it down with ice
    Put the breaker bar on and give it a few taps with a mallet or your hand if you think you're tuff.
    Watch as the bolt magically comes free!

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    i attempted this while engine was OUT the car (halfway through engine swap) ended up getting the shits, and buying a new crank pulley + bolt HEHEHE good luck with it but

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    you really shouldnt be sending shocks through the engine, could cause premature wear, + snapping components,
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek civic
    where are you situated? i have the special locking tool id be happy to lend you?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Crank pulley tool from honda or SCA

http://automotivetool.files.wordpres...ulley_tool.jpg
    SCA? I worked there until just recently and I know we didn't sell that tool, wasn't aware of ordering it either?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015