CL9 Door not opening at all?

Hey guys,

Got a problem.....got a problem with my right passenger door. Never had any problems with it before until the other night, a friend was sitting in the back and couldn't open the door to get out so I thought someone flicked the child lock it was dark so I just flicked the child safety lock to what I thought was off. Now I can't open my door at all, from the inside or outside. The door lock button thing does up and down when I lock and unlock the car but I cannot open the door at all. I'm not sure if this is the actuator or not because the button locks and unlocks when I press the button, I just can't open the door from the inside or outside.

Anyone have any ideas?......

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I would take it to the dealer or a mechanic. A similar thing happened with my mum's camry, although she was hit in the rear passenger (not badly though, only a slight dent in the door). You could lock or unlock it, but the door itself wouldn't open. Turns out this shaft was bent, thus wouldn't move. Of course, in your case, with no accident, it'll be a different problem, but you still gotta remove the inner door panel to check it out, something may have come loose. Although I would assume you'ld have done that if you could.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Removing an inner panel is incredibly hard while the door is closed...

As mentioned, take it to a dealer or possibly roadside assistance may be able to open the door from the outside
    OHSC

could it be that the cable has snapped (operating the door lever unlock)