Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

Insurance Dilemma... GRRR People with no insurance!

Hey Guys,
    I know non of you are lawyers on here, well some of you might but i need some advice for a car crash i was recently been involved. some of you might of been in this situation before.

Before i start i only have 3rd party insurance

On thursday 17th of may i was driving north bound and a car south bound turned right in front of me at an intersection. They are at fault blah blah anyway that bit has been sorted. They were in the wrong. My car is a full write off, chasiss is ****ed, air bags went off, engine is basically in the front seat.

The problem now is, it took the cops till now to determine who was at fault cause they are lazy as ****.
    But i also find out today that the people who are at fault have no insurance.

So its a tough situation,
    I ring the towing company as i know now i have to obviously fork out the bill and try and get my car off there lot as i have to pay for it everyday it is there. so i owe 70 bucks for each day plus towing fees so lets say roughly $1000

I ring my insurance and in my contract i can get paid out $3000 for people who are uninsured but then they own my car. They will also pay the towing and storage costs

So what do i do?

If i take the $3000 am i then aloud to fight the person who is at fault for the rest of the value of my car. Which is another $2000, my car value is $5000. Or if i take the $3000 am i then not aloud to fight for the rest of my money?

or

Do i just take the car, get it towed back to mine pay the $1000 bucks. Then get a solicitor to write a letter of demand for the value of my car $5000 plus towing and storage costs - Total of $6000

The main problem i have is the people who i was in a crash with speak little to no english which is a big pain the ass.
    If anyone has any thoughts on what to do let me know.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    ****ing hell. God I ****ing hate these ****s. Sorry to hear about this, mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    shit, quite a pickle.

I'm sorry to hear your situation, it really sucks, i hate people that run without insurance

I would try sue the money out of them but there's a chance you'll end up with $20/week for 10 years..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    I think ill just seek legal advice tomorrow but was just hoping someone on here might of been in the same situation as me

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    shit, quite a pickle.
    there's a chance you'll end up with $20/week for 10 years..
    Its not as if they were poor, they were driving around in a newish honda accord euro

Quote Originally Posted by LD_Mart View Post
    On thursday 17th of may....

it took the cops till now to determine who was at fault cause they are lazy as ****.
    You lost me at I was involved in an accident less than 2 weeks but the police are lazy.
    Are you serious?

You need a reality check before you start asking for other people's help.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Well considering the cop told me he had been lazy as about the case to me on the phone, dont really think so. He said i should of had this sorted for you the day after.

It really should be mandatory to have full insurance.

Australia has become a nation 'me first and the gimme-gimmes', we don't know how good we've got it and we moan if something doesn't happen 'right now'. Unless you're suffering at some form of institutional discrimination or disadvantage (perhaps you're homeless, or you've lost your job and are really struggling to keep any form of housing, you have a major mental illness, or you have a disability and the government doesn't adequately assist you or your family with care, need i go on?), having to wait a week for the police to sort out an insurance matter is something to moan and swear about? on the internet (luxury) no less about a car (another luxury). I'm sure you're a decent person but get some perspective!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Maybe i can have a small moan if im going to be in debt a car and extra cost of $1000 which didnt really need to be there. I bet you have had a complaint at some point in your life or are you perfect?
    Maybe you should take your whining some where else. I obviously know there is people out there worse then me, im not delusional and i didnt at any point say my life is the is the worst life in the world, did i.
    What help did u give me in the situation??? None!
    What did you gain out of writing this stuff??? Nothing

Just trying to get some advice. Sorry im not as good as you in life mate. i wish i could be more like you phfttt not.
    stop being such a sore loser and let me get some helpful advice which might get me some where in the situation i am currently in.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalSkull View Post
    Australia has become a nation 'me first and the gimme-gimmes', we don't know how good we've got it and we moan if something doesn't happen 'right now'. Unless you're suffering at some form of institutional discrimination or disadvantage (perhaps you're homeless, or you've lost your job and are really struggling to keep any form of housing, you have a major mental illness, or you have a disability and the government doesn't adequately assist you or your family with care, need i go on?), having to wait a week for the police to sort out an insurance matter is something to moan and swear about? on the internet (luxury) no less about a car (another luxury). I'm sure you're a decent person but get some perspective!
    TL;DR

It's their bloody job to determine the 'at fault' driver at the scene so insurance can be notified and a proper report can be written.
    If they were expected to do half-a-job, they should've signed up to the local Council.

"A couple of cars crashed, i don't know why or who caused it.. But i'll solve it one day next fortnight!"
    Isn't the attitude we should expect from the Police.

OP, you have every right to fight for the money you're entitled too.. But as Curtis said, it's quite likely they could screw you around further with a payment plan.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalSkull View Post
    When every day you have to wait is costing you money, then yes, waiting for the police to do their jobs properly IS 'something to moan about'.

Now, here's some perspective for you: You're sitting here moaning about somebody else discussing a genuine problem they have, with people who are trying to help. You've actually gone out of your way to complain about somebody who is in an unfortunate situation and is seeking advice. Truly, what the **** is wrong with you?

Hi Indie, I'm not moaning I'm saying to the OP don't abuse the police and to get some perspective, the majority Australians (thats us) are rich we've got it really good and yet we behave like we're babies if something doesn't go our away instantly. Don't abuse the police, don't rely on the government and harden the f up! Are you hardened yet? Cool, stick up your hand and say 'hey (I've got my head screwed on) I need your advice'.