Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6

Is this a proper Type R Integra?

Hi guys,

So I'm not a follower of integras hence why I am here asking this question, But I have a friend who is interested in one as his first car, and we found one he likes.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...x&sort=default

I thought all type R's had a red rocker cover? Where as this one has a silver one? So is this the authentic K20a engine making 220hp that is found in the 2002 integra type R's?

Many thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    red rocker covers are on the jdm dc5r, all audm dc5r are silver

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    red rocker covers are on the jdm dc5r, all audm dc5r are silver
    Ok thanks, are there any significant changes between the two? Or are they virtually the same car?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 90civicGL View Post
    Ok thanks, are there any significant changes between the two? Or are they virtually the same car?
    audm doesnt have brembo brakes, different wheels, detuned k20, etc think theres more but not sure but those are the obvious ones

look m8.

need to search.

JDM one has the k20a engine with the red rocker cover, pulls out 220ps 164kw which is much more beastier than the audm k20a2 engine that pulls out only 147kw 200ps .

The Type R sold here in Australia is pretty similar to that of the Type S... in fact the Type S here (K20Z1) actually pulls out about 210ps lol.

Other than that, jdm has bigger brakes, brembo set up, 17inch alloys, and the FL version has different shaped rear + front lights (which looks a lot better).

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    $14k. Seems quite cheap. Is it just the fairly high kms bringing the price down?

I'd opt for an EP3 tbh! Not a significant price difference could probably get one for $17-20k, kilometer's would be defintely lower (blah blah logbooks for japan been wound back) its up to the buyer to check that out, it has the JDM engine aswell, super comfy inside and not to mention enough room at the back for the passengers

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelezzay View Post
    I'd opt for an EP3 tbh! Not a significant price difference could probably get one for $17-20k, kilometer's would be defintely lower (blah blah logbooks for japan been wound back) its up to the buyer to check that out, it has the JDM engine aswell, super comfy inside and not to mention enough room at the back for the passengers
    For some people, $14k is significantly different from $17-20k. And yes, kms from Japan can never be trusted, whereas the right Australian service history can.

I agree with the other points, though.