hey guys,

ive got abit of a track pig which im looking to paint myself with spray cans.. the colour im after is white. however, im led to believe it will be difficult to achive a nice finish as the car is currently dark blue.

im not worried about the interior and engine bay, im happy to keep them dark blue.
im planning on sanding the car down with 400 gritt sandpaper, then 600, then 1000.. im not planning on using a primer as i wont be sanding down to bare metal. im then planning on using 1500 wet.. then paint. is this a good idea?

what im not sure about is, should i wet sand again after the first couple of coats of paint?

is there a certain type of paint that i have to use? ie a thicker type of paint or something, because im going from a dark to light colour?

there are plenty of write ups but i havent really been able to find anything on going from a dark to light colour.

can somone in the industrie, or someone with abit of experience in this field shed some light please?

i know i can probably get a shitty professional paintjob for what it will cost me, but i actually want to take the initiative and have some fun with it..

thanks guys