Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exhaust Choice EK

I'm having a hard time making a decision on whether to purchase a full catback from ebay such as(hit and a miss with welding...): http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/96-00-HON...ht_5361wt_1396

Or buy my friends xforce twin loop axle back muffler (stock pipe with welded xforce muffler) which he is selling to me for $180

I prefer the noise the twin loop would make (nice and quiet at idle and a nice tone when revving) and have no idea what the ebay catback would sound like.
    Please help me make a choice. (really liked my sister's car when I drove her manual proton gti around which had a nice sounding exhaust which wasn't too loud)
    Not really looking for a performance gain as I have a stock auto d16y4. And don't want to spend too much on an exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR EK4
    the ebay one will be loud as **** its an awsome sound but in an auto it will probably get anoying with the dragged out gear changing sound and the xforce will be pretty much how you explained it, i would go with the twinloop.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    I would buy the twip loop, u can always change the piping later on but ur better off getting it all done at the one time

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    IMO, stay away from ebay, its loud as fuk, and what many would call a fart cannon or ricey exhaust, simply due to the fact that the sound it emits, is well, exactly that of the description hahahha...

One of the main reasons is the design, cheap muffler + cheap resonator = loud exhaust, and cop bait

And it isnt always 100 percent fitment, so again miss and hit as pointed out... Though the material and welding might be good, thats as far as ill go to saying the positive of the ebay exhaust is...

Stick to the twin loop, u will enjoy it so much more than any ebay system

AND also, dont bother with cat back if ur not after performance, stay to a axle back for that bit of noise
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Go the eBay one
    I love the drone my auto ek makes with the cannon on the highway

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    Go the eBay one
    I love the drone my auto ek makes with the cannon on the highway
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by manolii; 31-05-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Yeah my vote is to go for the twin loop system.

Ebay exhaust would be loud as hell and make for a cop magnet.
    And the twin loop sounds nice on a civic IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by manolii View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    lol

The following errors occurred with your submission
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

please dont be another dirty ek with dirty exhaust note
    sounds neither deep, nor crisp
    xforce twinloop is your best bet

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    I've got an xforce twin loop on my car ATM if you'd like a video/sound clip of it

I wouldn't touch the eBay catback, no r and d put into them, raspy and drone inside the car aswell ( trust me you'd hate it and it'll drive u insane)

Oem ek9 muffler was good, if you can source a standard ek9 catback, it's quiet and very well made from factory ( Honda engineers fine tuned it in everyday from track to street)it's quiet, stainless and also power gains on any ek

I kept my standard ek9 b pipe with spoon n2 axle back and that was droney, removed that and installed vision n1, sounded great but abit too loud,now I've got an xforce twin loop and it's quiet like standard at idle but opens up when wot

Any more questions just ask me an ill try to help
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    I have a full xforce system.
    Xforce 4 2 1 extractors 100 cell cat 2.5 mm full system and twin loop and sounds tuff as and quite when cruising.
    I highly recommend
    STRUT Saturdays get on it

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330726080...84.m1497.l2649
    bought this today >.<
    Lets hope it arrives in one piece

+ if i don't like the sound, I'll just buy a different muffler in when I got the spare cash.
    Last edited by bart2; 07-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.