Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Finally got to have a crack at replacing the thermostat today. Took me awhile to figure out the best way to get at it with a few bashed knuckles and all along the way, but finally I was able to get at it, and get the new one installed.

Then I took the dizzy apart. Discovered it has been taken apart before, so it's either a replacement or the original. I couldn't find the bolts to the ICM itself as the guide on here isn't quite what I have on my car. So onto plan B which was to take the connectors off, spray contact cleaner in them and check the connections were solid. It was at this point I found one that was kinda of loose, so I closed it to make a tighter connection. Also sprayed some throttle body cleaner into the throttle body.

Then time to fire up the car, and it purred . Yay. The temp gauge is now working properly, and the tacho isn't jumping around at all. Car even zooms better too, and it feels more responsive. Just to be sure I took it for a good drive on the freeway and the temp gauge didn't go down with time, and the tacho was rock solid. So mission complete on those areas.

Now to see if I can sort out the antenna not extending when I turn on the radio. Hopefully it's just an issue of the wire not being connected.

As for how the gear changes from 1 to 2 go, it's alot better. But I think the clutch pedal might be setup so it engages immediately. Will peer under the dash and see if there is an adjustment thing to back it off a tad.
    Last edited by KoolMonkey; 09-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.

^nice

best feeling when the tacho works again haha
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Yeah it's very cool I got the tacho working again.

Still I do feel like an idiot. Spent the whole afternoon taking the stereo out checking the wiring, fuses etc. to try and fix my power antenna. Turns out I don't have one lol. After still not being able to get it to work, I pulled apart the boot side panel to discover my antenna is a good old fashioned manual pull, push down one lol. Oh well, at least I can check off one more thing fixed in the car. Last thing is to work out why the drivers side seat moves alot. Either a super fat dude used to drive the car and it's bent, or there's something missing on the track underneath. Will pull the seat out tomorrow and have a peak.

What's with your antenna? It's the original stock one yes? If so it should go up when you turn the stereo on...but a common fault with the stock antennas, is they bend over time and don't work anymore....or just get stuck in a position and make stupid noises trying to go up and down... (very annoying).

Most members just replace their antennas with a S2000 antenna or replica...no more ga thunk ga thunk every time you turn the stereo on/off
    blah blah blah

Not sure what's up with my antenna. It's definately not a powered on though. I guess it got replaced at some point.

Worked out what's wrong with the front seat. Needs a new drivers side, right seat rail. There's a rolling bearing thing that is missing on that side. The hard part is now trying to locate one. Will called Honda tomorrow. Hopefully it's a part that's also in other car models. I can't see repairing mine, rather I'll have to replace the right rail/track.

have you looked in the for sale section of the forum.....dude, it sounds like you bought a lemon!
    blah blah blah

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey View Post
    have you looked in the for sale section of the forum.....dude, it sounds like you bought a lemon!
    LOOOL

all the cars from FS section are lemons.

a few exceptions.

I know from personal experience.

It's actually a pretty decent car I think. The body is nice, interior's in good nick too. Apart from the rear engine mount, the new thermostat and loose wire on the ICM, the seat rail is the only issue I have yet to fix. I did put in some newish front and rear speakers which went quite well today. A bit of fiddling but I got them in without having to dismantle the entire boot and quarter panels. I got this car for a good price, so am happy all up with it.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl33 View Post
    LOOOL

all the cars from FS section are lemons.

a few exceptions.

I know from personal experience.
    I wouldn't say that - although the antenna didn't work on mine. Aftermarket stereo, antenna wire not hooked to stereo, 20 min work... fixed
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX