Thread: D16 problem

Member Array
    Car:
    92 EG Civic

D16 problem

Hey guys and girls got a problem with my motor that you lot might be able to help me with so lately in the mornings when i go to start the car it hard to start i can hear the fuel pump priming but when i turn the key it just sits on the starter motor and after 15 or so seconds it fires up ive changed spark plugs leads also done the main fuel relay fuel filter lol and the other problem i get is ill be cruising alone and go to accelerate and its like its missing just splatters alone for a few seconds and then goes back to normal it doesnt matter if its cold hot raining or at certian RPM just does it randomlylol i was thinking maybe dizzy but kinda wanted to get some opions before goin out and buying a new one lol

Any help would be awesome
    Michael

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    have you tried changing the spark plugs yet?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    92 EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    have you tried changing the spark plugs yet?
    yea changed them and leads

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    could be injectors or distributor

i would try distributor first, how many kms? if high then start there and like 2mprs said take the injectors out to be flow tested and serviced also would highly reccomend BYP racing for a new distributor if that turns out to be bad

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by AllMotorB16a View Post
    i would try distributor first, how many kms? if high then start there and like 2mprs said take the injectors out to be flow tested and serviced also would highly reccomend BYP racing for a new distributor if that turns out to be bad
    out of interest what are BYPs warranty like on there dizzys? Most other dizzys I've seen are either 3-12 months. Which shows hows confident the sellers are about them lasting.

There is a US based company which some sellers stock on ebay, Rich Porter Distributors. They offer a lifetime warranty on there dizzys. Yes you would need to send it back to the US if it broke but probably still cheaper than buying another piece of crap. If I ever need to replace a dizzy I will be buying one of these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/92-95-Hon...item4cfcd57409

Member Array
    Car:
    92 EG Civic
    Ok I'll go look at the in Hectors how do I test these little buggers ?? I also got another thing to add it also plays up when i'm trying to take off from the lights it will cough and splatter till I can get the revs up to around 2 3 k

Member Array
    Car:
    92 EG Civic
    well i know wat it is lol Dizzy shit itself on saturday and the car wont start at all lol now got a week to find one as im borrowing a car