Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 integra

ABS light staying on

Hi to all
    just got a 1994 dc2 the abs light stays on i dont no why the abs keeps making noise
    and my 2nd prob at 80 i get a wobble was thinking it was in need of a wheel balance but still did it bad thing is i get the car 3 days ago payed 7000 for it just not happy any help is good help thnx guys

Wobble is prob a balance or alignment issue. Abs might be the pump but start with disconnecting your battery for 5min or so to clear any ecu errors.

I'm not up to speed on abs as I removed mine a long time ago lol
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 integra
    I got the balance done and it did not fix it so I don't no what to do now

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    wheel nuts are tight?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    the wheel wobble sounds dangerous if a balance didn't fix it. does it wobble much? if you're not very mechanically experienced it might be a good idea to get a place that does suspension work to inspect the issue for you.

in terms of the ABS, being an early model DC2, you will have a large "high pressure" abs unit near the airbox in the engine bay. that has its own resivour with a "max" and "min" mark. if it is very low below "min" then it is probably leaking fluid from underneath and needs to be topped up before it dies. mine died this way and I had to replace the whole unit.

usually with age the rubber seals can wear out and leak brake fluid out the bottom of the unit. I'm sure there is a way to replace the seals but i just swapped in another unit because mine ran dry and killed itself.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    ^ He said it all

Pull your abs code to double check
    But i'm sure it'll give you the code 1-8.

Mines screwed itself as well, i want to remove but ceebs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 integra
    how do i get the code and if its dead where do you get 1 from and for the wobble its at 80 you can feel it but if you put your foot in to it its bad

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by integra_dc2 View Post
    how do i get the code and if its dead where do you get 1 from and for the wobble its at 80 you can feel it but if you put your foot in to it its bad
    PM CB auto, he can help you.

or just take your car to a mechanic.

the guys have probably helped you as much as they can over the internet.

CEL codes - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=CEL+code

new ABS unit - Honda spares or wrecker

wobble - could be "no hub rings" but you would have no idea what they are.

Might I suggest you use proper punctuation when asking people for help, you tend to get more pleasant answers if you don't type like a 9yo.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    I wouldn't personally bother with getting a 2nd hand abs unit...might be leaking as well.
    Majority of people i know with high pressure abs units have leaks giving them abs light.
    A new one from honda is too expensive as well!

If your a careful driver, invest in good brakes, slotted rotors and good tires.
    If not, Spend money and get a new abs unit

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Check your abs sensor. Mine was on when I bought my ep. Checked it put and my right hand front sensor was missing. Haven't yet replaced it.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Everyone has said it all. Regarding the fact that you just bought it, did you buy it from a car yard? Or private? If it was a car yard did they offer you any warranty or 3rd party warranty? Most car yards offer a 3rd party warranty for not much extra which covers 1k worth of labour for each issue you might come across with the car. From memory you can still get this 'warranty' even after 7 or 14 days after purchase. Might be worth it. If it was private then... Do what everyone else has told you. If the pump is indeed completely dead but keeps making annoying noises, you can remove the ABS fuse located in the fuse box in the engine bay. Your ABS light will stay on but at least it will save you the embarrassing noises until you get it replaced or fixed.

If it has some life left, and isn't leaking but making horrible noises, some people have had success just bleeding the whole system.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you cannot disconnect the battery to clear the ABS Codes as there is a special procedure you must perform to clear the codes.

sounds like your acumulator has failed and you can hear the pump constantly running trying to pressurize it.