Wheel Alignment and Tyres - Shop (Sydney Southwest)

Yo,

I have got 2 bold front tyres on my car which I need to change soon.
    The offset of the tyres are 185/60/R14.

Couple days ago, I went to get a quote at a nearby shop that does Tyres and Wheel Alignment. The guy at the shop quoted that the 2 front tyres would cost $75 each (HI-FLY brand), and the wheel alignment would be all up $170 for front and rear. I believe that the price he gave me is too much for my size of tyre etc., so I didn't let them proceed on working on my car.

Now I am looking for another place that does a good job which will be more better with the price. Does anyone know a good place around Sydney Southwest area near Liverpool or Cabramatta?

Thanks, hope some of you can help me!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Thats the standard price for tyres that size plus wheel allignment

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Pretty standard pricing. I would pay a tiny bit more for a better known branded tire. Just my opinion. By the way $30 for a full front and rear wheel alignment is a very good price. Where is this place? PM me if you don't mind. Need one very soon.

I don't think you guys have read my comments properly, let me clear it up abit.

I only got a small hatchback with 14 inch tyres on it. This is why I think that the quote from my local shop is too much. Here's what he quoted.

- $75 for each 185/60/R14 tyre
    - $85 for front wheel alignment
    - $85 for rear wheel alignment

I have heard that from other people that have much way bigger cars than mine, get their wheel and stuff done around the price above or similar and said that for my car and tyre size it should be way cheaper. Which I kinda think it is true.

Besides that, if anyone can help me with my first question from this thread. Please leave your comments and recommendations etc.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I did miss understand you. Sorry. I think without any sales you should still be able to get branded tires around that price. Regarding the wheel alignment costs, most places charge $80 total for both front and rear. If you buy tires as well usually you can get a good deal. I think the guy that quoted you was trying to take you for a ride. My suggestion, as with most would be to call around to get different quotes.

notJDM, try Bridgestone in Livo, they did work on my AE111, were very careful and didn't damage my rims [Both the TE37s and RPF1s] and tightened my wheel nuts by hand [Kics Revo R40] not with a rattlegun. They charged for me $65 earlier this year for alignment front & rear =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    go to tempe tyres good brands none of them shitty chinese brand tyres with zero traction lol

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by notJDM View Post
    I don't think you guys have read my comments properly, let me clear it up abit.

I only got a small hatchback with 14 inch tyres on it. This is why I think that the quote from my local shop is too much. Here's what he quoted.

- $75 for each 185/60/R14 tyre
    - $85 for front wheel alignment
    - $85 for rear wheel alignment

I have heard that from other people that have much way bigger cars than mine, get their wheel and stuff done around the price above or similar and said that for my car and tyre size it should be way cheaper. Which I kinda think it is true.

Besides that, if anyone can help me with my first question from this thread. Please leave your comments and recommendations etc.

Thanks.
    Sorry. I understood $170 all up tyres and alignment, Which is a reasonable price.

get your tyres anywhere then head to jax or similar and get a full front / rear alignment for about $60-70 max.

Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    Sorry. I understood $170 all up tyres and alignment, Which is a reasonable price.
    Yeah, I just think the price he quoted was way too much.
    $75 each for HI-FLY brand 14 inch tyre. $170 for front and rear wheel alignment.

Looking from everyones comment, for sure my local tyre shop is trying to fool me. I thank everyone for their comments stopped me from proceeding to let that shop work on my car.
    I guess I will have to see which shop gives me a good deal and does a good job at it too!

Also feel free to keep your recommendations coming on which shop around Liverpool or Cabramatta area. Prices for the tyre size the same as mine or similar. Prices for front and rear wheel alignment. Shop name and address.

Thanks everyone for helping and your comments.

as per bennjamin's suggestion...buy tyres anywhere then head to jax liverpool for wheel alignment...if you can manage to do the alignment during the week, rather than the weekend, they give you a better price.
    blah blah blah