Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1

Are Em1 and EJ8 Body parts interchangeable?

As title states. To be specific the bonnet, fenders and front bar.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    Yeah their interchangeable. Front bar does need slight modification to fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    so its only the front bar? the rest bolts on?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    if ur doin face lift conversion, should b straight bolton job, and slight modding on the support bumper tabs is needed
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ekay
    +1 for above.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    nah just someone decided to do a hit and run on my em1 over the weekend which damaged the front end. Found a couple of ej8 rolling shells so was just gonna buy one and swap the parts over.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    not worth the trouble man, better of just buying a em1 again if ur dead set on wanting a new car, OR better yet fix ur current car... unless u plan on doin a full engine conversion, brake swaps, pretty much everything, than respraying the body to the em1 color or vice versa, its gonna cost u alot more than u think doin a EM1 parts with the face lift into a Ej8 shell

Just replace whats broken, unless the chassis has been bent in some way than id suggest just replace what was hit... everything from the rad support to quarter panels and head lights can be replaced easy.... even the suspension parts, A-arms and lca can all be replaced easily, dont loose hope in ur car lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EKI>EG4>DC2>EM1
    Yea nah as in i was gonna buy fenders,and a bonnet off a ej8 that is of the same colour as my EM1 and put it on my EM1. So just needed to know whether or not EJ8 and EM1 fenders and bonnets were the same. Thanks for the help and advice btw

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    all goods man, hrmmm if thats the case like u said, unfortunately if u use ur em1 headlights, the bonnet and fenders wont line up at all, if at all wont fit

Dont limit urself to just EM1 parts because than u really are limiting urself.. As long as the car is a 99 - 00 model ur good , they all use the same bumper/fenders/headlights
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EBP EM1
    mugen_ctr is right. however i prob wouldnt recommend you to put and ej8 front on your em1 cos you'll basically be doing a pre-facelift front on your em1 which you dont want. nowadays its very hard to come across oem 99-00 fenders and a bonnet but theres only 1 place id recommend you to go for those parts. although they may not be genuine, they have oem certified parts and fit 95% perfect with very little adjustments.
    Mr. CarParts in brunswick. They have replica parts that are cheaper (not great fitment) and oem certified which are a little more expensive but bang for buck. goodluck buddy

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by em_1 View Post
    mugen_ctr is right. however i prob wouldnt recommend you to put and ej8 front on your em1 cos you'll basically be doing a pre-facelift front on your em1 which you dont want. nowadays its very hard to come across oem 99-00 fenders and a bonnet but theres only 1 place id recommend you to go for those parts. although they may not be genuine, they have oem certified parts and fit 95% perfect with very little adjustments.
    Mr. CarParts in brunswick. They have replica parts that are cheaper (not great fitment) and oem certified which are a little more expensive but bang for buck. goodluck buddy
    Agreed, dont downgrade yourself, and also its hard to find a mint facelift front end now a days, been looking around for 2 months to do my ej8 front conversion might as well get replica parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    if the front bumper is beyond repairable, why not go for a new look rather than downgrade the front bumper?
    Perhaps the BYS front bumper? They're a good look and I was thinking about changing it at one point..

Here's a thread that has a pic of it.
    http://www.jdmrides.ca/forum/bys-air...-t6699p2.html?

what colour is your EM1 anyway?