Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Upper timing cover piece the same for B18/B16?

hi everyone,

just wanna know if anyone has used a B16a upper timing cover piece on a B18C/C2?

I know the lower timing cover is different due to the different deck heights, however I can't find any info on the top piece? need to grab a spare and it would be a lot easier if I can use a B16a one.

any info would be much appreciated.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    um... anybody?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

are you talking about the cam cover?

blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    lol nah man. the timing cover. y'know, the black plastic cover that covers the timing belt and its components.

due to the B16A and B18C's differences in deck height (or you could say one is a short block and one is a long block) the LOWER timing cover section is different.

however, what I am wanting to know is if the TOP section (square piece more or less) is the same between the two engines?
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    different.
    did you get it backwards? i think bottom is same, top is different.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    different.
    did you get it backwards? i think bottom is same, top is different.
    thanks for the reply man. hmmm i read that the bottom was different. a few threads on honda tech. its ok though because i picked up a b18 piece anyway
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    thanks for the reply man. hmmm i read that the bottom was different. a few threads on honda tech. its ok though because i picked up a b18 piece anyway
    oh ok, cos i had b18 and b16
    the b18 upper timing cover was damaged and i wanted to swap with the b16 one but it didnt fit.
    it was different.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    oh ok, cos i had b18 and b16
    the b18 upper timing cover was damaged and i wanted to swap with the b16 one but it didnt fit.
    it was different.
    have u still got the b16 one? i could use one. the one i made from wafer thin sheet metal is beginning to fall apart
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by kraiye View Post
    have u still got the b16 one? i could use one. the one i made from wafer thin sheet metal is beginning to fall apart
    dont have it anymore eh
    S P A M | W O R K S