D16Y4 timing belt

Hi guys,

Try to do a search on google and ozhonda but didn't come up with the results i was after. Tried the common thread as well but nothing about the d16y4

Basically want to buy a timing belt kit for it, found Gates do them but states that it's for D16Y5

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300625418...84.m1423.l2649

So my question is, does the timing belt + water pump from a D16Y5 fit on the D16Y4

I understand one has vtec-e and another one is just non vtec so just want to confirm

EDIT: Found the BOSCH timing belt reference catalogue, even more confused!

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/lang...iming_Belt.pdf

Year 10.95 - 09.98 D16Y5 BT145H
    Year 10.95 - 09.00 D16Y4 BT145H
    Year 10.95 - 02.01 D16Y5 BT224H

MIND BLOWN

Thanks
    Last edited by ichi-go; 15-06-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    I did a lil bit of research, d16y5 use 104 teeth belt, d16y4 use 107 teeth.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    was curious as to why dont you goto honda or to a local auto spares shop ?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Yes, go supercheap or repco, it would be a bi more expensive but would be better if you wanna return/refund

Hi guys,

Abit more expensive would be an understatement, i haven't go to check the prices personally but my mechanic priced it up with his trade prices, with all the above including timing belt and water pump with all related seals and rocker cover gasket, it comes up to $400 bucks.

I think i can easily purchase everything under 200 bucks, they are not genuine but i doubt what my mechanic is pricing me is genuine honda parts

Thanks for the answers guys! I found another seller on ebay for Dayco timing belt kit with comes with all the seal, only thing missing is the water pump which i'll buy locally