Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
Whats the difference? whether you call it "Non ABS" or "Disabled ABS" you've done the same thing right?

Just as some advice in general:

First thing is first - get out on the track and see what happens. People spend too much time fitting a bunch of fancy gear or playing with set-up before they know how to drive on a track. Take your car as it is to a track, then do a few laps with a professional driver, then try to match his best lap. Until you can match his time you don't need any more upgrades...
I think he means Non ABS as in remove all the ABS gear completely while disable ABS by just removing the fuse or something along those lines?

OP - Like Senna mentioned previously, all ABS's are programmed differently and even ABS between same model can differ due to wear & tear, different tires/wheels, etc. Some are indeed intrusive, others will only attempt to save your from your own bravery =P

Best way to determine is to go out there and try it yourself As you develop, you'll slowly figure out if the ABS helps you or a hindrance. I found for myself personally, non-ABS allowed me to perform much more delicate braking but I've had to work on getting myself use to modulate the brake pedals in emergencies instead of simply stomping on it. Pays to have a correctly selected brake setup and tires =)