Tyre size for 17x8 wheels. Dc2r.

Hi all.

I'm looking to purchase some 17x8 +45 Enkei Rpf1's for my Dc2r and I'm wondering what the correct tyre choice would be to suit this wheel. The car has standard ride height so I don't think there would be an issue with clearance however I'm concerned that they will scrub considering the width and offset. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers people,

Mark.

I wouldnt go past 215/45(or even 40)/17.
    Last edited by infurNOS; 08-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    EG

8" width I'd go with 225/40/17... standard ride height, I reckon with 17x8 it'll look like 4wd although, let us know how you go.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i used to have 17x8 +36 with 215/40, lowered about 2.5-3" and about - 2-2.5 camber and it rubbed on the inner wheel well on more than a bit over 1/2 lock either way

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Don't forget the impacts to your speedo with changing tyre/rim size....try and keep as close to the same aspect ratio as stock rim ratio if you want your speedo to be correct as possible....having said that I agree with the others...stock ride hide, and your looking at car that looks like a 4wd and will be slower off the line than stock rims
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Go 225 wide on the 8"... The 16" is more suited for the dc2r

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Go 225 wide on the 8"... The 16" is more suited for the dc2r
    16" is the perfect size for dc2

Cheers for the replys. I've decided to go for 16x8 instead, I'm trying to source a set in black.

i think so 16" is the best size for dc2 to race