Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amen!
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 CB400S4
    Ok... One last bit of help

Im almost there, i've installed the lcs (really easy actually), and now am wondering how to get the sway bar in. Is it supposed to go over the exhaust i.e. i need to take the exhaust off so i can fit the sway bar? And should i be using lock tight for any of this like putting the lca mounting bolts back on or just cranking them up really tight without lock tight.

Cheers!!
    EK1 Daily Drive.

Yes need to remove A-pipe of exhaust

And torque the bolts to spec

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dmad_dood View Post
    Ok... One last bit of help

Im almost there, i've installed the lcs (really easy actually), and now am wondering how to get the sway bar in. Is it supposed to go over the exhaust i.e. i need to take the exhaust off so i can fit the sway bar? And should i be using lock tight for any of this like putting the lca mounting bolts back on or just cranking them up really tight without lock tight.

Cheers!!
    should b fairly straight foward bolt on job, and try to re torque the lca bolts to correct specs, if u got a torque wrench, the workshop manual in no way states to use lock tight liquid, so i wouldnt lol

and if u tighten it up enough it shouldn't even come loose, even after 10 years of driving
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    what is this workshop manual you speak of.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    what is this workshop manual you speak of.
    haynes and the honda workshop/service manual thats floating around on the net lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 CB400S4
    man..u..al? my arm is my torque wrench i could just break the bolt so im assuming i should be using most of my strength to tighten it back up. And also, re attatching the lcs to the ball joint stub, should i hear the lca click back onto the joint or should i just tighten the nut up very hard and should pull itself back in to place?
    EK1 Daily Drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Got a link?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Got a link?
    try this one...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ob33lwxebji8si3

THough its US service manual, it should apply 99 percent to our adm cars, well 100 percent for mine hahaha, built in usa :P
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 CB400S4
    Ok. Im finished, its in and everything's back together. Cars running nicely but yet to give it a real flogging but so far i've noticed body roll has dropped ridiculously and the front end feels much more planted. Just want to say thanks too all of you for helping me with the install, you guys really helped me out!

Now to find a rear sway bar
    EK1 Daily Drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK 1
    Keep us updated with your progress dmad_dood. Did you end up using a front sway bar and LCA from a GLi? I'm trying to source one myself at the moment.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 CB400S4
    Quote Originally Posted by bg60 View Post
    Did you end up using a front sway bar and LCA from a GLi? I'm trying to source one myself at the moment.
    Yes i did. Gli front lcas and sway bar. So far the difference is huge!! Definatly a worth while upgrade for a cxi especially when you install it yourself not to mention the satisfaction of doing it, im addicted now!! I was quoted $500.00 to install the stuff AND nothings fallen off my car either Now im looking for a rear sway bar where i don't need subframe reinforcement so what around 18mm.
    EK1 Daily Drive.