Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ECU

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I've heard that the Greddy Emanage works very well with VTEC engines, can or has anyone installed this in their cars yet and what are the power gains etc etc?

CHEERS
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Yeah - especially as they come with Type-R stickers to make it go even faster. :P

In other words, do real mods first, then upgrade the ECU
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    If you own a Euro Accord, the Greddy EManage will not work on your engine, as it is not compatible with I-Vtec (K-Series). Therefore your only option is either V-AFC II (which is a waste of money) or Hondata who i think have just released a chip which supports I-Vtec. As previously stated, mods such as I/H/E and preferrably cams too should be done first before you even touch the ECU. Unless you have alot of money and time and want to tune mod tune mod all the time...

dont bother with the e-manage, get a full standalone, or a hondata if u want to modify ur ecu

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Do you guys even know what the K24a can or cannot do and what you're trying to achieve from an ECU upgrade/modification? Just because a vague idea of something doesn't necessary mean it's a gut accuracy that it works. In reality, Hondata's has nothing for this engine as yet, same goes for all the usual JDM tuners with performance ECUs (IE - Mugen, Spoon, Mines', Feels'). Doesn't that show indication that you should do a bit more research before jumping on a discussion wagon with no real clue on what you're trying to achieve and heading?

Quote Originally Posted by AP1 F20c
    Do you guys even know what the K24a can or cannot do and what you're trying to achieve from an ECU upgrade/modification? Just because a vague idea of something doesn't necessary mean it's a gut accuracy that it works. In reality, Hondata's has nothing for this engine as yet, same goes for all the usual JDM tuners with performance ECUs (IE - Mugen, Spoon, Mines', Feels'). Doesn't that show indication that you should do a bit more research before jumping on a discussion wagon with no real clue on what you're trying to achieve and heading?
    wtf?

if you wish to share your pearls of wisdom with us mere mortals, do try to bear in mind that we don't like to be spoken down to.

leave your arrogance at the door next time. thankyou.

hahaha tru dat
    mate AP! F20C u speak like u know so much shiet
    share mate thats wat we r here 4

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    i have to agree with F20c, u guys really dont have much an idea.
    the e-manage can be used as a more accurate AFC, and only needs to be compatible with the said MAP sensor of the engine to use basic function.
    Second of all, full stand alone ecu's are kinda illegal for street use.

lastly, the engine has nothing to do with the compatibility of said units, rather the ECU's they run and how complex they are.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

yeh that tru not many of us know wats really goin on thats y we come on these forums

but his tone is not very plzing!!

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    lol his tone is never pleasing but always a great read

"...truth can sometime be like a slap on the face, if you took it to heart..you just got slapped!"

Member Array
    yeh sorry... i got no clue...

Go install a e-manage in a K-series then... see if it works... go find a person with a DC5R or a Euro Accord with a e-manage installed... good luck cause you won't... dun forget e-manage acts as a vtec controller as well... if u change the A/F ratio and not adjust the crossover to the changed settings.. whats the point???
    Why the fuk u think they released the V-AFC II for as well? for Fun? It was designed to work with K-Series engines, because V-AFC I is not compatible with it...

then again i have no clue eh...