Car:
    DC2

New camshafts :)

My bro said i should buy

http://www.briancrower.com/view.php?pn=BC0012

and

http://www.briancrower.com/view.php?pn=BC0010

when I do buy them, where do I find people to put them in my engine? :s

I live in Canberra btw, and I might be travelling to sydney in 4-5 weeks time...
    Won-Hyo

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    Hey mate I'm running these cams and there smooths as but should of made more power and let me down hard.

Do some more research and find something better.
    Good luck bro
    STRUT Saturdays get on it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by alessioo View Post
    Hey mate I'm running these cams and there smooths as but should of made more power and let me down hard.

Do some more research and find something better.
    Good luck bro
    Are skunk2 ones any good?
    Won-Hyo

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Are skunk2 ones any good?
    There were recent articles and discrepancies about skunk2 products quality testing werent done and they were made in some asian country.

Google is your new homie!
    Turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by IVTECI View Post
    There were recent articles and discrepancies about skunk2 products quality testing werent done and they were made in some asian country.

Yeah, heard about that. In many car threads also.
    Won-Hyo

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by IVTECI View Post

The articles and discussion also stated that Skunk2's B-series products were excellent, however the K-series products were a let-down. Personally I've been using Skunk2 stage one shafts + adjustable gears for well over 12 months and have never had any issues.

OP: You should discuss this with an engine-builder or tuner who can explain to you and help you decide what parts to get. 'Stage' is vague and doesn't refer to any lift duration of the camshaft profile, but is a general term used to describe the 'aggressiveness' of the camshaft. Most stage 1 or 2 camshafts are better than stage 3 camshafts for street use because the more power you make with the more aggressive shaft the less usable it becomes (IE more power but only 6,000-10,000RPM which isn't how you want to drive your call all the time).

Supporting valvetrain is a good idea, but you also haven't mentioned what car/engine you have. DC2 VTiR? For stage one shafts you'll probably be fine but stage two or three you'd definitely need to upgrade to lighter retainers and tougher springs. Keep valves OEM.

So yeah, talk to your tuner/builder about your budget and power goal before you go buying anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Skunk 2 stage ones have really good review, alot of people i know use skunk 2 as well, just cause some of them can get them cheaper then other brands.
    Also which engine do you have?
    If b18c2, compression is really low and some do not recommend you use past stage one cams, best for price is buddyclub spec III with a good tune.
    Also if its a C2....Hope you read up valve train is required to be upgraded.

Mechanics and tuner shops usually put cams in for you if you like.

Personally, i'm going with skunk 2 cams and cam gears, just easier to source out for a good price.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Evok View Post
    If b18c2, compression is really low and some do not recommend you use past stage one cams, best for price is buddyclub spec III with a good tune.
    Also if its a C2....Hope you read up valve train is required to be upgraded.
    this!

and yes a valvetrain upgrade is usually recommended with aftermarket cams, however with BCIII+ you only "need" to upgrade the springs.

I'm in canberra too as you know, and if you want to save money and DIY I can help guide you through it for some parts as I've just built my own all motor B18C2.

otherwise, shops like phillip head services may do it for you depending on who you speak to. otherwise send the head to RAMS in sydney for the valvetrain work, and reinstall the head yourself!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015