Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S

Seeking a friendly helping hand

Wow, that thread title sounded really bad after reading it but I'll keep it for fun .

Anyway, I just bought my first car a DC4 2001 Integra. Pretty bad mistake on my part because it needed a lot of work to get it road worthy and such. Problem is the mate that was helping me is completely busy prepping his car for some Honda event and life so he can't really help me.

So I'm hoping someone here who really knows their honda integra can help me out cause I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cars. My mate had already done most of the stuff and only a few things need working on...

So if anyone is willing to give me a hand it would be much appreciated as i really need the car on the road asap. I'm located in S.E suburbs of Vic.

Send me a PM or message below if you are willing to help and teach me these things .

Thanksss
    Last edited by eLtrix; 10-06-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    List some of the things that need doing so the right person can give you a hand.

Also, have a look through the technical section to see if there are things you can do yourself
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    From what me and my mate has done so far the things that only needs to be done left are :

replacing timing belts
    changing oil ( easily done , just leaving that till last)
    changing rotors
    changing brake pads
    changing head unit (changed but still not working.... lul wut, wiring maybe not sure)
    number plate lights
    reverse lights
    tyres/rims
    putting back on the 2 front fenders and front bumper... (one side needs threading or something like that. screw wont go in anymore..)

worst part about all this is i have ZERO tools, my mate had them but he's absolutely stomped

Thats all i can think of right now.. might be a few more minor things

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    ahh okay thanks

Pm me, im heading to Springvale soon.. I can do everything you want i have a dc4 so im really good. i have 2 hands.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Get a tow truck and dump it in your mates driveway, then he has to fix it!

Tbqh, the lights etc, rims + tyres should be an easy fix for you, check the bulbs to see if they're blown or if the wiring is being a retard.
    Rims + tyres, not exactly sure on what you're asking, but if you need new rubbers put on your wheels, just take them to a workshop and get them to slip them on for you, doesn't take long.. but I find that its a biotch without a machine

Brake pads are also another easy one, however if you're not competent with it, its best to get someone else to do it.. playing with brakes isn't the smartest thing unless you are SURE of what you are doing, watch youtube or a DIY, they are heaps helpful.

good luck mang

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Thats the weird thing about the lights, they seem perfectly fine. and so does the wiring, but i really dont want to get into the wiring just incase i **** it up real bad

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Thats the weird thing about the lights, they seem perfectly fine. and so does the wiring, but i really dont want to get into the wiring just incase i **** it up real bad
    Smart decision! I hate fiddling with wires. Ask your buddy to give you some tips and point you in the same direction, and maybe that can shed some light on the whole situation

Account Disabled Array
    Don't see how my posts got deleted.

charliebrown and mocchi are perfectly good candidates for helping out the OP.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    check the headlight fuses

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    front lights work fine. so do the breaks. only the reverse lights dont work

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    oh my bad, i read head unit as head light for some reason lol

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.