Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

QLD mod plates and max engine increase

What are the qld legislation for engine swap max increase?

So example;

Civic 99 oem is 1.6L.

I want to put k20 or k24

Will i need a mod plate? And is a mod plate enough to register the engine and car? Or do i also need supporting engineers cert?

No trolling answers pls.

Thanks
    Turbo?

Hey mate
    For that particular example you would need a mod plate
    And once you got the mod plate, you can register the engine to the car

Quote Originally Posted by simply.shredded View Post
    Hey mate
    For that particular example you would need a mod plate
    And once you got the mod plate, you can register the engine to the car
    Will i need an engineers certificate first b4 i go to an "approved/authorized" inspector for the white slip?

Or just bring the car and engine receipt to these inspectors and pass white slip n mod plate embedded?
    Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by IVTECI View Post
    Will i need an engineers certificate first b4 i go to an "approved/authorized" inspector for the white slip?

Or just bring the car and engine receipt to these inspectors and pass white slip n mod plate embedded?
    I know to get mine "legal" all I took to transfer was the mod slip And a transfer of Rego because that's what was happening at that time

Thanks dude,

Need more real examples...
    Turbo?

Anyone else has their HP kswap mod plated??
    Turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    you will need at least an enginners cert

Quote Originally Posted by jdm18c View Post
    you will need at least an enginners cert
    In qld? It doesnt say an engineers cert is required in their handbook.

It says as long as it passes white slip n mob plate.

Still need 100% confirmation from some1 who had to do this with their kswap
    Turbo?

No one else has kswap or h22 in their ek civic and got mod plate??
    Turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 Civic H2B
    Hey dude, in QLD, I had to get my h22 eg registered in queensland, because i bought it from nsw, there fore i needed new rego, so I got a mod plater to come out to my place, mod plate my h22 in my eg, and he gave me some papers and a mod plate in the engine bay, and coz i needed new rego, i had to get it road worthied and with the road worthy cert and mod plate papers, i was able to rego the car with that engine. Simple as dat, just ask the mod plater if he supples modification certificate.
    *BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! KABOOOOMMMM!!!!!*

seeing as my previous signature came true, here is my new signature:

BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! Holy SH*T! my engine is still running 110% awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 84AAP View Post
    Hey dude, in QLD, I had to get my h22 eg registered in queensland, because i bought it from nsw, there fore i needed new rego, so I got a mod plater to come out to my place, mod plate my h22 in my eg, and he gave me some papers and a mod plate in the engine bay, and coz i needed new rego, i had to get it road worthied and with the road worthy cert and mod plate papers, i was able to rego the car with that engine. Simple as dat, just ask the mod plater if he supples modification certificate.
    Now thats a more precise answer! thanks dude.

Now this "mod plater" which i assume is the QLD transports "Approve Inspectors" provides these mod plates. So this modification certificate are the papers that came with the mod plates right?

mechanical workshops are the guys who do road worthy certificates (white slip) and mod plates as well - am i right to say this? or they can be mobile as well. (come to you).
    Turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 Civic H2B
    Quote Originally Posted by IVTECI View Post
    Now thats a more precise answer! thanks dude.

Now this "mod plater" which i assume is the QLD transports "Approve Inspectors" provides these mod plates. So this modification certificate are the papers that came with the mod plates right?

mechanical workshops are the guys who do road worthy certificates (white slip) and mod plates as well - am i right to say this? or they can be mobile as well. (come to you).
    QLD transport "approved inspectors" are generally safety/roadworthy certificate issuers, you may find some that do mod plates but very rarely, Mod platers are usually 'Free Lancers' and is something they do in their part time or companies that specifically do mod plates.

For example, here is a quick search i did, and this is what came up:
    http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/DB-Autotech

There are other ones, so its best to shop around, some will try to screw you by saying one mod per plate, but u can get some that put 4 mods per plate etc. The guy that did mine was a free lancer and he said he'll put as many as he can on the one plate, and cost me bout $80, but unfortunately, My iphone was stolen when i was in thailand, and i lost his number... Look around and just ask them when you get your quotes and make sure that they will give you the modification certificate/papers, because when you go to QLD transport, showng them a mod plate is no good, you need to show them the papers. Good luck wit it all!
    *BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! KABOOOOMMMM!!!!!*

seeing as my previous signature came true, here is my new signature:

BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! Holy SH*T! my engine is still running 110% awesome!!!