Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    lol did mr crex/ steveorr take the pics for you?
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    CrxaUS is very slow these days...
    Welcome to Ozhonda . NOS BULBS.
    BTW u spoken to Steph lately yet i think she is celebrating her big 1 over there in Adelaide.
    Hey Snoop how goes it? Long time no forum hehe... Nah haven't heard very much from her recently... you catchin up for it?

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyzell View Post
    Very nice looking CRX you have there personally not a fan of the Huge Wings, but looks great
    cheers! i'm generally not a fan of huge wings either with one exception... this one lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Is the engine bay as clean as the rest of the car?
    its reasonably clean, all be it stocky... i couldnt find any pics at the time, will have to take one and let ya know.
    Last edited by derris; 13-06-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    unfortunately its just a 90's ricer.
    the internet is a scary thing... yeah not running that deck anymore... true, performance wise pretty untouched... just purdy mods...
    Last edited by derris; 13-06-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    lol did mr crex/ steveorr take the pics for you?
    mr crex took the ones with the steve-o watermark. he's a mad photographer... we're good mates. props to him
    in fact i bought my wheels second hand from him tho they were gold at the time hehe...

i took the rest myself.
    Last edited by derris; 13-06-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubstein View Post
    Nice man, you do this all yourself?
    certainly did... it was more stock than stock when i got it... was a japanese import originally, and in fact when i got it it had a rear seat, non powered windows and mirrors, and other weirdnesses about it.

interesting story, when i bought it, unknown to me the car had actually been imported illegally by a couple of guys running a scam where they were importing cars that in japan would have exceeded the registration limits which make it feasible to keep cars on the roads, but were still in great condition. they were importing them as "wrecks" or "track vehicles only" and had an operation going where they were printing forged compliance plates, registering them, and then selling them for AU prices... probs making a killing. they'd done it with at least 40 cars by the time they got caught...

one day i'm chilling at home when there was a knock at my door, 2 plain clothed cops introduced themselves and informed me they were seizing the car because it was evidence in the case they were building against the dudes i bought it from. i was also informed that when i got the car back, it would not be allowed to be driven on australian roads.

long story short, i got the car back, and my dad was so outraged by the situation that he kinda went to insane lengths bugging council, local authorities, members of parliament, today tonight etc etc until finally he came across information that was positive... at the time i think the laws were that if imported were over 15 (?) years old then they could be exempt from requiring compliance, and could be registered... but since that was still a few years off at the time and i wasn't willing to wait, then we found out about how i could have an engineers report done on the car, make any changes recommended, and apply for compliance, including a run thru regency park... finding this info out was awesome as this was before all this information was easily accessible on the net, so nobody knew any useful information...

skip forward about $4k for engineers report, removed back seat replaced with AU glove box compartment, new seat belts (as japanese ones didn't have certification tags), new doors with intrusion bars (upgraded to power windows and mirrors), required mods to display english information in engine bay, and other locations, and a bunch of other annoying expensive things, i had a car ready for regency park.

thankfully it passed inspection, i was granted a new "exempt from compliance" status with official documentation, and the car was legal after being off the road for about 18 months all up...

i was pretty attached to the car by this point, evidenced by how much effort i put in to keep it... so i decided to take out a loan and make it how i always wanted it... so i did.

moral of the story... don't be a young naive uninformed person before the internet existed.

Member Array
    Car:
    G2 CRX+EK Civic
    oh and i found this last night... ignore me looking like a 20 year old goober, but this is the first pic i ever had taken of the car after i bought it, roughly january 2001...

Last edited by derris; 13-06-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derris View Post
    certainly did... It was more stock than stock when i got it... Was a japanese import originally, and in fact when i got it it had a rear seat, non powered windows and mirrors, and other weirdnesses about it.

Interesting story, when i bought it, unknown to me the car had actually been imported illegally by a couple of guys running a scam where they were importing cars that in japan would have exceeded the registration limits which make it feasible to keep cars on the roads, but were still in great condition. They were importing them as "wrecks" or "track vehicles only" and had an operation going where they were printing forged compliance plates, registering them, and then selling them for au prices... Probs making a killing. They'd done it with at least 40 cars by the time they got caught...

One day i'm chilling at home when there was a knock at my door, 2 plain clothed cops introduced themselves and informed me they were seizing the car because it was evidence in the case they were building against the dudes i bought it from. I was also informed that when i got the car back, it would not be allowed to be driven on australian roads.

Long story short, i got the car back, and my dad was so outraged by the situation that he kinda went to insane lengths bugging council, local authorities, members of parliament, today tonight etc etc until finally he came across information that was positive... At the time i think the laws were that if imported were over 15 (?) years old then they could be exempt from requiring compliance, and could be registered... But since that was still a few years off at the time and i wasn't willing to wait, then we found out about how i could have an engineers report done on the car, make any changes recommended, and apply for compliance, including a run thru regency park... Finding this info out was awesome as this was before all this information was easily accessible on the net, so nobody knew any useful information...

Skip forward about $4k for engineers report, removed back seat replaced with au glove box compartment, new seat belts (as japanese ones didn't have certification tags), new doors with intrusion bars (upgraded to power windows and mirrors), required mods to display english information in engine bay, and other locations, and a bunch of other annoying expensive things, i had a car ready for regency park.

Thankfully it passed inspection, i was granted a new "exempt from compliance" status with official documentation, and the car was legal after being off the road for about 18 months all up...

I was pretty attached to the car by this point, evidenced by how much effort i put in to keep it... So i decided to take out a loan and make it how i always wanted it... So i did.

Moral of the story... Don't be a young naive uninformed person before the internet existed.
    tl:dr

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by derris View Post
    Hey Snoop how goes it? Long time no forum hehe... Nah haven't heard very much from her recently... you catchin up for it?
    Forum has changed heaps. But im rarely on there.
    Im on here thou and FACEBOOK.
    I keep in close contact with her even just yesterday i was on the phone.
    She's trying to get me to turn to be a VEGO. LOL .

I also told her to get back in contact with you.
    Have u seen her X (CR-X) particularly the bay. WOW

we are transfixed on engine bay presentation. Its interesting and fun to do.
    I do like your CR"X Saibot and have been a fan since way back.
    I got no clue what NESS and Bumthology.
    Both have disappeared off the radar completely.

N.B to others if u having a go at the wing.
    That is rare and expensive than what you think. $$$$$

On ya for being different!
    Last edited by Snoop_gee; 13-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    POST MORE RECENT PICS those are at least 5-7+ years... man

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    POST MORE RECENT PICS those are at least 5-7+ years... man
    Yep what this man says