Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

carbon fibre vinyl?

Hey guys, was just wondering if any of yous have ever bought this carbon fibre vinyl to wrap the hood for a carbon fibre look. Since the real carbon fibre is illegal here in SA and also cause my hood has some paint fade on it which annoys me I was wondering if its worth it? Got a quote to have my hood re-sprayed but it costs a bit too much for atm as I'm only in high school AMD only earn like $120 a week. Plus I didn't want to re-spray it just incase it didn't turn out to be the same as the rest of the car. On top of that the paint is gonna be used is only tupac. Cheers guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    i have brought this carbon firbre u say of, 3M? It is a cheap alternative to painting ur car imo. I brought 5m by 2 for 80 bucks, wrapped my bonnet so far and plan to do roof and spoiler. My car is black and is hard to see, be best on a white car or something that black stands out on. Overall, it wont look and feel like real carbon firbre, if you r strap for cash, it would be the cheap alternative. Hope my opinion shines some light on your questions. If you want pictures, just let me know ill take some and post for u.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sausage legs
    I bought some of the cheap alternative off eBay. It looks similar to 3M's carbon fibre wrap, but I'm guessing it's not as hardy.
    I had some put on my door pillars and after the Summer, it started to bubble and lift off from the metal. It was fine for a long time prior to that though, but if your car is parked on the street like mine is I suggest you go for the good stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    i also forgot to mention that my car is white. im still thinking if its worth it though. cause i also found the wrap thing in white. dont know if thats better? and i my car is normally parked in my garage or when i go to school its parked like under the trees. thats about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    well you can go the wrap.
    i went overseas and came back with some carbon wrap for a mate and i wanted to try it out myself.
    so i wrapped my Window door garnish thing. its been a yr also. but was removed like 6ish months or more. still in good nice. no signs of peel.
    its been sitting in the sun and rain since i removed it.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Honestly, fake carbon fibre wrap never looks anything like actual carbon fibre, and is always going to look cheap and tacky. I know you're looking for a cheap option, but I don't think I could ever justify this. That's just my opinion, of course, but I'd sooner have faded paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    okay thanks guys. i know it doesnt look as good as the real carbon fibre stuff but i think it would look much better than the obvious paint fade and since re spraying my hood is not an option for me at the moment, i might just proceed with the wrap. but i, not too sure about the colour though because there is also a white version of it and ive never seen one before.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    just go with what you like.
    wrap it. if it looks shit then respray.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    okay thanks guys. i know it doesnt look as good as the real carbon fibre stuff but i think it would look much better than the obvious paint fade and since re spraying my hood is not an option for me at the moment, i might just proceed with the wrap. but i, not too sure about the colour though because there is also a white version of it and ive never seen one before.
    I don't know mate, it sounds like the perfect opportunity to spray it yourself!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5

give him a break. if he likes it then thats all good. at the end of the day its his car not your.
    not everyone can afford a carbon bonnet or a bonnet respray. as he said his only a student and only earn about $120 a week.
    he might like it after he wraps the bonnet and might look good so who knows.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by mytfoz View Post

give him a break. if he likes it then thats all good. at the end of the day its his car not your.
    not everyone can afford a carbon bonnet or a bonnet respray. as he said his only a student and only earn about $120 a week.
    he might like it after he wraps the bonnet and might look good so who knows.
    Yes... and he asked for opinions and advice?

"It might look good so who knows" - That's exactly what he's asking: who knows? Well, the people who have responded seem to know how it will look, otherwise they wouldn't have replied.

Nobody is hating here, simply providing the feedback that was requested. Maybe you should stick to doing the same, instead of posting useless rubbish.

(P.S. It's 'he's only a student', not 'his only a student'. He is, not his own. He is a student. He's a student. And before you reply with some 'grammar Nazi' crap, I'm not trying to make you feel inferior, I'm just giving you a pointer.)

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Each to their own, if cash is an issue for you, it may be worth having a look at a wreckers, they MAY have a spare hood there, in your colour..
    The going rate for a hood is around the $100 mark I believe?

Good luck