Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Dc2r Engine mounts

Hi all.

I have a feeling the engine mounts in my 2000 Dc2r may need replacing. The car has a distinct vibration when downshifting. I'm no expert but I think this may be the issue. Can anyone give me an idea of how to diagnose engine mount issues and what I should be looking at? Any advise/thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Hi mark.

I have a feeling the engine mounts in your 2000 Dc2r may need replacing. You said the car has a distinct vibration when downshifting. I'm no expert but I think this may be the issue. To diagnose engine mount issues and what you should be looking at is the engine mount rubbers in engine bay. So you will need to open up the bonnet and look if it's cracked or torn. Try to rock engine back and forth. Any other advise/thoughts you need would be given.

one under airbox, one near abs fusebox and power steering reservoir, one near firewall under intake manifold, 2 torque mounts 1 each under chassis rails

Cheers,

All.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Rofl

Op , look at replacing the REAR engine mount.
    This mount is prone to wear and breaking , easy to replace.

Look at a new oem part , or if you drive hard or launch often look at another brand such as hasport , mugen , hard race , innovative etc. these parts are tougher than standard and will take more abuse. BUT they will transfer more of the engines vibration through your chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    Hi mark.

I have a feeling the engine mounts in your 2000 Dc2r may need replacing. You said the car has a distinct vibration when downshifting. I'm no expert but I think this may be the issue. To diagnose engine mount issues and what you should be looking at is the engine mount rubbers in engine bay. So you will need to open up the bonnet and look if it's cracked or torn. Try to rock engine back and forth. Any other advise/thoughts you need would be given.

one under airbox, one near abs fusebox and power steering reservoir, one near firewall under intake manifold, 2 torque mounts 1 each under chassis rails

Cheers,

All.
    Albeit sarcastic, Appreciate the advise.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    I dissent the "easy to replace" statement.
    Rear mount can be a real bitch without the right tools.
    Bunch of extensions and swivel ftw!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1.mile View Post
    I dissent the "easy to replace" statement.
    Rear mount can be a real bitch without the right tools.
    Bunch of extensions and swivel ftw!!
    You just need more practice It is easy to replace at a workshop (quick job, equals cheap) and at home for a modest DIYer its not hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Type R
    do you have to remove the intake manifold to get to it ??

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    do you have to remove the intake manifold to get to it ??
    no

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Type R
    cool thanks, heard stories about removing stuff glad i asked.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    cool thanks, heard stories about removing stuff glad i asked.
    I see you're located in point cook.

I suggest you pm cb auto or mocchi if you need help.

At home DIY it is not hard. (Save $$$$$$$)If not useful than replace at a workshop.

At home DIY it is not hard. (Save $$$$$$$)If not useful than replace at a workshop.