Hi all,

I noticed recently that when going up a slight hill in 2nd or 3rd gear, when i put my foot down a little further on the gas to generate more acceleration, the car would suddenly start reving very high, it would go from 2000revs to 4000revs really quickly and yet i would not move any faster, then if i let go, the clutch seemed to pick up and then i could accelerate again.

So i took it straight to local Honda Service Center. They tested the car for me and said its clutch was slipping and needs replacing.

I cant belive it, the car is a Jan 2008 build. So its only 4.5yrs old. Thats rather early to need a clutch replacement i would have thought.

I was not hard on it either. Previous owner i purchased car from in 2010 was a doctor, it was a fleet car.

Anyway, the service guy said i could wait until it got worse before replacing it. As i had no issues on flat roads, it was just a bit awkward on some gradual steep hills.

They quoted me $2620 for parts and labor to replace the clutch + the fly wheel. Is that a good price?

Anyone else had any issues with the clutch on their Euros? This seemed really early for me to be replacing it...