Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Okay prepare for a long long essay maybe not that long

I've daily driven the MY11 BMW 323i, 2004 Accord Euro Luxury, Lexus GS350, Lexus IS250.

Stock for stock ~

The BMW 323i and Lexus GS350 feels the most comfortable but then I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison for my 323i and CL9 because the 323i comes with M-Sport Package which includes the M-Sport Seats. If I'm allowed to add my Euro-R Recaros for comfort then I would give comfort to the Euro-R as the GS350 not really in the same league. (Seat Wise)

The BMW 323i / 320 would certainly be in the same league as the CL9/CU2 (Depending on generations of the 3 Series) and Lexus IS250.
    The CL9 is more harder than both the IS250 and 323i in regards to the comfort of the suspension so you feel the bumps more easily where as the other cars go through it with less sound.
    That said stock speakers vs stock speakers the CL9 has a more superior sound system in comparison to the 323i and IS250. The only problem I had with my car was that it didn't have Bluetooth support (not that important) and AUX cable (VERY IMPORTANT) thus I would pick the IS250 and 323i for long distance driving easily. (But it's the other away round now as I have an Aux cable installed for my Euro )

Handling is superb on all 3 vehicles and hard to judge as 1 of them is a FWD where as the other 2 are RWD. Only downside to the CL9 original setup is that it's quite high.
    Noise in the cabin is more noticeable in the CL9 but then not a problem for me when music is on + I have a J's Racing Exhaust now as well :P

ALL IN ALL

MONEY WISE I WOULD PROBABLY buy the CU2 if I had the choice and not the 323i due to the amount of money I save and yes BMW is more bling factor but I'm just thinking financially wise too.

The new BMW 3 Series is no longer the same level though I'm only talking about the E90 generation, the new generation kills both CU2 and the IS250.

Lotus anyone?

@MingZai - have any estimate as how much it would cost to service a 325?

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I am visiting the US at the moment,and they LOVE the Acura TSX,they are very popular,andy as others have said,compete directly with the Lexus IS,Merc c class,and Audi A4.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    And infiniti G25 (2.5 liter v6), also rwd i remembered

Funnily enough the Americans also complain about the noise inside the TSX, especially on the 18's

http://www.infiniticars.com.au/Home.aspx
    infiniti is coming.

In a recent comparo on motortrend, the Volvo S60 beat the V6 TSX and IS250 Sport, as well as Ininiti G25, and Merc C250.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 16-06-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

MingZai, your CL9 is Lux or the std version?

the stock audio on the std version is better then the lux. supprise supprise....

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    the audio is only worse in the lux if it has nav .. otherwise its the same
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Correct my CL9 is the Lux version 2004 without Navi.

@ICU2 i'll check my bills and get back to you but I think on top of my head not that much different to the Honda.

Sitting in the lexus gs350 is like sitting in a sofa may I add.

Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Sitting in the lexus gs350 is like sitting in a sofa may I add.
    wait til you sit in the LS, you may not want to leave the back seat

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Okay prepare for a long long essay maybe not that long

I've daily driven the MY11 BMW 323i, 2004 Accord Euro Luxury, Lexus GS350, Lexus IS250.

Stock for stock ~

The BMW 323i and Lexus GS350 feels the most comfortable but then I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison for my 323i and CL9 because the 323i comes with M-Sport Package which includes the M-Sport Seats. If I'm allowed to add my Euro-R Recaros for comfort then I would give comfort to the Euro-R as the GS350 not really in the same league. (Seat Wise)

The BMW 323i / 320 would certainly be in the same league as the CL9/CU2 (Depending on generations of the 3 Series) and Lexus IS250.
    The CL9 is more harder than both the IS250 and 323i in regards to the comfort of the suspension so you feel the bumps more easily where as the other cars go through it with less sound.
    That said stock speakers vs stock speakers the CL9 has a more superior sound system in comparison to the 323i and IS250. The only problem I had with my car was that it didn't have Bluetooth support (not that important) and AUX cable (VERY IMPORTANT) thus I would pick the IS250 and 323i for long distance driving easily. (But it's the other away round now as I have an Aux cable installed for my Euro )

Handling is superb on all 3 vehicles and hard to judge as 1 of them is a FWD where as the other 2 are RWD. Only downside to the CL9 original setup is that it's quite high.
    Noise in the cabin is more noticeable in the CL9 but then not a problem for me when music is on + I have a J's Racing Exhaust now as well :P

ALL IN ALL

MONEY WISE I WOULD PROBABLY buy the CU2 if I had the choice and not the 323i due to the amount of money I save and yes BMW is more bling factor but I'm just thinking financially wise too.

The new BMW 3 Series is no longer the same level though I'm only talking about the E90 generation, the new generation kills both CU2 and the IS250.
    raped.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    And infiniti G25 (2.5 liter v6), also rwd i remembered

Funnily enough the Americans also complain about the noise inside the TSX, especially on the 18's

http://www.infiniticars.com.au/Home.aspx
    infiniti is coming.

In a recent comparo on motortrend, the Volvo S60 beat the V6 TSX and IS250 Sport, as well as Ininiti G25, and Merc C250.
    s60... imagine a euro in bullet proof skin and 224kw awd (t6)

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Yes,forgot about the little Infiniti...I think its a JDM Nissan Skyline,very nice car actually.