Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I love both cars (CU2 and IS 2009-onwards) because they have a modern yet totally Japanese look to them, like the sharp creases in a well-tailored suit combined with intricate origami. The radius curves on the wheel arches, slanted headlights and sharp shoulder lines make them really stand out, even here in the crowded Chinese market with plenty of cars from everywhere. The new Mazda 6 looks like it's trying too hard though.

The Lexus is priced and positioned as a premium car while the Accord Euro is a poor man/woman's version of one I would definitely go for a Euro Luxury spec because you'll be regretting why you didn't shell out for xenons/sunroof/whatever in the base IS250...

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    can someone please help will fuel usage figures/economy
    between Cl9, CU2 and IS250?

Controlled for year and model, Lexus has more prestige. But I'm not sure if that is what you mean when you say "same class?"

I'm still attached to my CL9, though.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    can someone please help will fuel usage figures/economy
    between Cl9, CU2 and IS250?
    CU2 > CL9 = IS250

there abouts.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Base is250 would beat top cu2 easy with its handy key proximity and RWD and roomier rear leg space
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    This has been the debate and dilemma that I faced when I bought my Euro. I always love IS250 badly, but with being more expensive you won't get sunroof and HID as opposed to Euro Lux you will get all.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    In that sense I think aurion sportivo zr6 is a good alternative or TRD Aurion
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    This has been the debate and dilemma that I faced when I bought my Euro. I always love IS250 badly, but with being more expensive you won't get sunroof and HID as opposed to Euro Lux you will get all.
    HID and Sunroof can be optioned up. And the Lexus has a more comprehensive equipment list anyways. It's like saying a BMW 525i doesn't come with SunRoof or Xenon(HID) as standard, you're not going to say the Euro is better equipped are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    HID and Sunroof can be optioned up. And the Lexus has a more comprehensive equipment list anyways. It's like saying a BMW 525i doesn't come with SunRoof or Xenon(HID) as standard, you're not going to say the Euro is better equipped are you?
    I think what he's getting at is that everything costs extra on the Lexus while it's all standard on a cheaper, top end Accord Euro. I did end up taking a look at the IS250 but found the interior a bit too small and rear leg room was non-existant after I pushed the seat all the way back which is sad as I did like the car (I checked insurance price for the Sports Luxury - was $1k o.o)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    I think what he's getting at is that everything costs extra on the Lexus while it's all standard on a cheaper, top end Accord Euro. I did end up taking a look at the IS250 but found the interior a bit too small and rear leg room was non-existant after I pushed the seat all the way back which is sad as I did like the car (I checked insurance price for the Sports Luxury - was $1k o.o)
    Well, if you're looking at value, you might as well say Great Wall and other chinese brands are better value than Honda. I get what he means though, but there is a difference in quality between the two brands. Lexus is the best value of all the prestige brands, and if you want prestige, then it's the Lexus. The IS250 is a small car, but then, the current gen has been out for a while, and the new one will be here soon. Insurance cost isn't too bad (depending on who you quote) as 1k is what AAMI, RACV and GIO quoted me for a stocked CL9 on rating 1 o.0

Having said that, I'm in awe of how many people out there buy a prestige car (Audi, Benz, BMW, Lex etc) but the cheapest one there is, then whine about the ownership cost. It really baffles me, why spend $40k on a basic A3 when you could get a Golf GTI? Why buy a basic Lexus when you can grab a high end Toyota? I don't know, but for me, there's really no point in getting a prestige car unless you get one with all the kit in it, stuff you can't get on the lower brands. You don't get an Audi for the sake of it being an Audi, but then cry about it being expensive to own, you should have expected that. The same applies to Lexus although with Lexus you can service it yourself (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    The same applies to Lexus although with Lexus you can service it yourself (mostly).
    lets not forget, many toyotas will still service a lexus at toyota prices (for those on a budget and dont want to DIY!)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    of course the is250 is better, but it's more expensive and it's 6 cylinder RWD.