Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Is250 failed on door handle not been chrome
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    Is250 failed on door handle not been chrome
    Oh this is another thing I had! I didn't mind the door handle not being chrome but I went and looked at the German Trio that compete with Lexus and all the doors had a nice solid thud (On the CU2, the front door has this thud but not the back, not sure about the CL9). I closed the door of the IS250 and it sounded exactly like a cheap light weight Corolla door was being closed...I know it's small but considering what they're worth you want everything to be perfect...

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    HID and Sunroof can be optioned up. And the Lexus has a more comprehensive equipment list anyways. It's like saying a BMW 525i doesn't come with SunRoof or Xenon(HID) as standard, you're not going to say the Euro is better equipped are you?
    Absolutely NOT.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    I completely agree with you about getting the full options/the highest end of the car if you can afford it. So in response of your statement about getting a great wall than getting a honda because of value, it depends on individual, but I wouldn't do that.

Just FYI, here in NZ the highest of all Euro is fully mugenized one. So having said that, I decided to get that one as opposed of getting IS250 due to 2 big elements, price and options. Now when you say HID and sunroof. Sure, I had my previous euro sport package one without HID and bought HID aftermarket and got failed from the NZ transport test because it is aftermarket is illegal. So from that point of view itself it's a hassle. About sunroof, I am not sure if anyone willing to go that route with cost of putting sunroof.

Well, if you're looking at value, you might as well say Great Wall and other chinese brands are better value than Honda. I get what he means though, but there is a difference in quality between the two brands. Lexus is the best value of all the prestige brands, and if you want prestige, then it's the Lexus. The IS250 is a small car, but then, the current gen has been out for a while, and the new one will be here soon. Insurance cost isn't too bad (depending on who you quote) as 1k is what AAMI, RACV and GIO quoted me for a stocked CL9 on rating 1 o.0

Having said that, I'm in awe of how many people out there buy a prestige car (Audi, Benz, BMW, Lex etc) but the cheapest one there is, then whine about the ownership cost. It really baffles me, why spend $40k on a basic A3 when you could get a Golf GTI? Why buy a basic Lexus when you can grab a high end Toyota? I don't know, but for me, there's really no point in getting a prestige car unless you get one with all the kit in it, stuff you can't get on the lower brands. You don't get an Audi for the sake of it being an Audi, but then cry about it being expensive to own, you should have expected that. The same applies to Lexus although with Lexus you can service it yourself (mostly).

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    I completely agree with you about getting the full options/the highest end of the car if you can afford it. So in response of your statement about getting a great wall than getting a honda because of value, it depends on individual, but I wouldn't do that.
    I think you're missing my point. Saying that the IS250 is worse value compared to a Euro is like saying a Honda is worse value compared to a Great Wall. There's a difference in quality, and that's what you're paying for. Just like you won't get a Great Wall over a Honda even though it's better value, due to the difference in quality, you can't really compare a Lexus's value against a Honda.

Just FYI, here in NZ the highest of all Euro is fully mugenized one. So having said that, I decided to get that one as opposed of getting IS250 due to 2 big elements, price and options. Now when you say HID and sunroof. Sure, I had my previous euro sport package one without HID and bought HID aftermarket and got failed from the NZ transport test because it is aftermarket is illegal. So from that point of view itself it's a hassle. About sunroof, I am not sure if anyone willing to go that route with cost of putting sunroof.
    You do know a sun/moonroof and HID/Xenon's are optional on the base IS and standard on the higher end ones right. No need to go aftermarket if you don't want to. There are many features on the Lexus that you can't option on the Honda, things like heated seats, better quality leather, keyless start, proximity/smart key etc. Small things, but they all add up. It's like comparing your 20 year old 40" CRT TV for a new 37" LED one? The old one is bigger after all. I mean, the new one would have better colours/picture, better energy efficiency, have way more features including smart tv and 3d etc. but if you're only going to compare by size then why look at the new one?

You do know a sun/moonroof and HID/Xenon's are optional on the base IS and standard on the higher end ones right. No need to go aftermarket if you don't want to. There are many features on the Lexus that you can't option on the Honda, things like heated seats, better quality leather, keyless start, proximity/smart key etc. Small things, but they all add up. It's like comparing your 20 year old 40" CRT TV for a new 37" LED one? The old one is bigger after all. I mean, the new one would have better colours/picture, better energy efficiency, have way more features including smart tv and 3d etc. but if you're only going to compare by size then why look at the new one?
    We get these as standard on all our CU2's along with sunroofs Xenons and navigation are optional though. I guess it depends on how Honda wants to target each country - is the CU2 a cheaper IS/3-series/C-class competitor or is it an upmarket Accord? That would determine the mix of standard and optional features for each trim level.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    I have a CL9 and my boss at work has the Lexus.

Exterior, Euro takes all.
    Interior, it's a complete whitewash even for a CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    IN CHINA, CU2 type s comes with HID, sunroof, half heated leather seat, Key proximity, keyless start, lip kits, sports pedals , reverse sensor and camera ( equivlant to IS 250 Sports Luxury) minus RWD equipement wise

still, Lexus is a better car
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I have a CL9 and my boss at work has the Lexus.

Exterior, Euro takes all.
    Interior, it's a complete whitewash even for a CU2
    I actually think that the IS250 has aged extremely well. The CL9 did age very nicely (as did the Subaru Liberty of that era) but the IS250 is still modern vs. todays competition.

But the upcoming IS250 wtf is up with that??

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    I actually think that the IS250 has aged extremely well. The CL9 did age very nicely (as did the Subaru Liberty of that era) but the IS250 is still modern vs. todays competition.

But the upcoming IS250 wtf is up with that??
    +10000000000000000 to that man. Lexus really shot themselves in the foot with that. Considering how long the current IS250 has been on sale, and people have really been looking forward to it's successor. Had it been a looker, it would have been able to match the 3 series in sales (maybe even the C Class) but considering how it looks now, I'm not surprised people will jump ship.