[CU2] Accord Euro Navi MY13 Accessing HID Lights

Does anybody have any instructions on how i can remove the HID lights, it seems to be hidden quite well, I can see where to remove it, but my hands cannot reach it.

Anybody know what to remove or how to remove to get to the HID?

I am still deciding if i want to buy the bulbs or not. Thinking of either: Osram Xenarc 66240CBI or just 66240. I know they use the D2S Base.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    If it's like the civic, you have to access them from under the wheel arches
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Thanks, i will check when i get home, what do you guys think about 66240CBI?
    Anybody know of any shops in Aust (more specifically Melb) which stocks this? So many large auto shops dont have HID bulbs, Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco (has their own brand HID).
    Last edited by caudex; 14-06-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    cu2typesmodulo
    running the 55w 6000k morimoto ones in mine....try ebay for philips new hid range...cheaper than what u pay locally....or even marsperformance store around the moorabin area in melbourne.

my advice is to go to a sparky

if its anything like my cl9, those lights are 85v, not exactly safe if youre not sure about what youre doing

plus dont touch the globe with your bare hands

the oil from your skin can screw it (over time)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    my advice is to go to a sparky

if its anything like my cl9, those lights are 85v, not exactly safe if youre not sure about what youre doing
    thats if you're working with it when the car's on....
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    thats if you're working with it when the car's on....
    wouldnt the ballest's still be holding some charge?

edit: even when the battery is d/c?

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by caudex View Post
    Thanks, i will check when i get home, what do you guys think about 66240CBI?
    Anybody know of any shops in Aust (more specifically Melb) which stocks this? So many large auto shops dont have HID bulbs, Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco (has their own brand HID).
    I have a set of 66240CBI on my CL9 - cost me near $200 back in the day. Love them - compared to stock it's whiter (but not ricer blue), and definitely brighter.

I have a spare set of these sitting in my garage - brand new in box and never used. PM if interested - need cash so willing to do a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    I have a spare set of these sitting in my garage - brand new in box and never used. PM if interested - need cash so willing to do a deal!
    Damn, Wished i knew earlier, ordered some for about $180 from Germany, should arrive this week.