DC5 Luxury Wheels/Tyres/Suspension/Camber

Hi all,

I've only toyed around with FD Rx7's previously, just bought a 2005 Integra Luxury as my new daily.

I'm looking at a set of wheels and lowering it with coilovers. From my reading up of various forums, I have decided on

AIM: Lower to just legal height, minimal negative camber, prefer not to roll guards (but can if necessary), not hellaflush but not sunken, would like it to be pretty close to guard.

NT03's
    18x8.5 +38 FR and RR
    with 235/40/18 tyres
    with Tein Super Street coilovers.

I had a look at the Buddyclub N+'s but thinking it would be too harsh a ride for a daily. I'm not looking at ever tracking this car nor going to the dragstrip so comfort and lowering car is my priority.

I'm not too familiar with this camber kit thing, didnt exist with rx7's unless you wanted to go stupid offset/neg camber.

Would I need front and rear camber kits for the specs above?
    Would the wheel size require much neg camber to fit? As a daily.. i'd rather keep neg camber to minimal.
    Tyre size.. 235's or 225's? (for fitment purposes)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hey mate,

You'll love the dc5 luxury as a daily! with coilovers, it feels quite nice to drive where i belive there is a good balance between comfort yet a bit of sportyness thrown into it!

THe wheel specs and tyre size you have chosen, depending on your ride height, I'd say there still is a good chance you'll have to roll guards, unless u pick up front and rear camber kits..

ATM my gf's daily, a luxury like yours. Its lowered, or should I say lowered to the max on Tein Basics (tucking front and rear on 18's) it has 18x8+35 F and 18x9+35 R. Guards are not rolled and no camber kits were used. The dc5 stock sits quite high so lowering it is a must. At her current ride height, theres sufficient negative camber front and rear. More then enough to clear the specs of these wheels without any tyre rubbing against the guard. I forgot to mention the wheels are mated to 215/40/18 size tyres. You can see with the skinnier tyre and lower ride height, she can get away without any issues. I cant remember her degrees of camber but the tyres are like 20-30k klm old and not much camber wear at all. get it setup right with a decent aligner!

To get to the point;

18x8.5+38 in regards to out far it'll stick out of the guards compared to;

18x8+35 F - your wheels will be 3mm further out of the guards then mine

18x9+35 R - your wheels will be 9mm further in of the guards then mine.

Keeping the camber to a minimal, im sure you will be happy with what you get when you simply lower it. depending on ride high you can kinda of gauge how much camber you want, and therefore see which tyre size you want. Heres a few pics of my gf's car so u can see the camber required to fit these wheels+tyres with just a sussy drop;

hey mate so if i get tine suspensions they fit on all dc5 integers ye, not just for type s? also i want enkei 9x17 22+offset. Defs got to roll ye, how does it go with insurance they cover you?. How many mm behind the guards u got in ur gas setup