Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Gave the Repco kit a try as well on my DRL's as they started to turn yellow. It worked to a certain extent, but the DRL's still have a yellow tinge to it due to the fact that the inside of the lamps are also turning yellow.

Starting

After first coat

Finished

After a while
    Old man that drives slow cars

May give this a crack on the JDM Dc5 headlights i have on the car... there abit worn...

Member Array
    Car:
    civic type r
    just make sure you give them a good sanding. i think thats where most people stuff up
    MUGEN - HKS - ENKEI - ULTRA RACING - NGK - PIVOT - SPOON - CASTROL - HAMP

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Once they repco headlight product goes off sale, can always use meguires plastX... I work at repco on weekends and this is what I use... just polish the headlight whenever you wash it and it will take the yellow oxidation off. If not all at once after a couple uses it does... It am sure works wonders and its about 10 bucks depending where you shop... just thought some people might like to know...
    Last edited by Webby_roller; 03-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    Hi,

Have you needed to re-apply UV protection coating after you done it ever since?
    What is overall condition of your lights 6 months after you have done it?
    Does coating get removed with car washing?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    i used 800 grit + polyurethane exterior clear coat for timber which has UV protection.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic type r
    No re application required so far. the lights still look as if they were just done, after washing and all.
    i must admit my car is regularly garaged but my mates car which is the blue renault on these pages, is a daily driven car and always parked outside and still look mint.
    based on the product description it should last up to two years.
    MUGEN - HKS - ENKEI - ULTRA RACING - NGK - PIVOT - SPOON - CASTROL - HAMP

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    Ok..goode do the Repco kit the other day and have done all work this morning.. Have to say it has taken me much longer than expected but I was taking my time..I have Euro with HID as standard..One bf them was in kind of bad condition where the other one was in OK kind f condition...Have done both as both had scratches etc....end result is better than it was before however I am not 100% happy..it looks like that UV protection coat does not make it perfectly even surface..It might be fine with halogen lights but with HID it is not as it needs to be 100% clear....I lost than nice feature of HID lights, nice clear cut off line..It is non existent now and UV protection coat cuts that nice cut of line and shots it everywhere.. To make the matter worse I have just taken my car for a drive and every driver I passed flashed the light thinking I have high beams on..I think I could have done a better job by buying wet sending paper in Bunnings and then finding UV protection spray that does apply protection coat and makes it glass clear kind of thing..

Any experiences anyone had with restoration kits and HID lights?? Also can you suggest any UV protection spray and where to get it from..Will post some photos before and after later on...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I did this for my EK previously and now EM.

i just used:
    1000 grit wet sand paper
    Mothers Plastic polish (Maguires also very good)

easier to remove both head light completely then you dont have to worry about scratching the surrounding paint.
    Just Wet sand then polish... good as new.
    the old problem is, is that once you do this, you will need to polish your headlights occasionally.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Man my Repco job looked weet at first but then it turned crap.

I used Turtle Wax's kit so far so good and WAY more clearer than Repco

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Navi 2006
    I will have to re-do mine..I would have left it if it wasn’t up to HID lights. I would prefer to apply clear UV coat to avoid having to polish it all the time but it that is the case I will need to do it that way then..would love to hear anyone who managed to get a nice a clear UV coating that can last some time....

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    I used the Turtle wax one also and it worked a treat. Had to do the cream part twice at the start but it worked wonders