Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

Aftermarket water pumps for b series

As title states

Looking for a good aftermarket water pump for my b series (B16a2). I have looked at a few on ebay eg NPW, GMB and TruFlow.

Has anybody used any of the above if so please provide some feed back. If there are any other brand please advise.

Thanks
    Last edited by blabla; 16-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    Gmb isnt bad, trueflow is same. Kinda like a "aftermarket" black radiator hose. Same thing, same design
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusive_eg8 View Post
    Gmb isnt bad, trueflow is same. Kinda like a "aftermarket" black radiator hose. Same thing, same design
    Thanks

Has anybody herd of Gates?

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    im useing a gmb water pump on my b16a and im happy with it paid 70 or 80 for it off charlie good performance

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    gates is ok make good belts dont see why pumps would be bad. again remember all aftermarket is just same cast as oem
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Get Oem.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    agree with DLO01, OEM is far superior to any aftermarket pump.

Just because the casting is the same doesn't mean they are the same. often aftermarket have a lot of casting marks, sharp edges and voids in the material. Taking a stab in the dark but the alloy used could even be different.

If you got an extra bit of cash go OEM

Also, if its not needed super urgently have you considered buying from the US?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    GMB is made in Japan, OEM quality.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Have been hearing a lot about gmb.

Thanks all.

Gates made in Japan?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    As title states

Looking for a good aftermarket water pump for my b series (B16a2). I have looked at a few on ebay eg NPW, GMB and TruFlow.

Has anybody used any of the above if so please provide some feed back. If there are any other brand please advise.

Thanks
    Used both geniune b series Honda water pump by Yamada, as well as GMB ( jp made with jp bearings ) for different Hondas. Also used Trueflow for Mazdas ( with Jp bearings ). When I buy aftermarket waterpump and bearings I always specify it has to be fitted with jp bearings or I wont buy.

The aftermarket GMB and Trueflow were all good, no problems after years of service. The castings and impellers are always a little different to the original counterparts and general finishing not quite as good though in no way affects the operations of the units. The only water pumps that were non geniune but identical are the ones that were ones sold by original factory supplier with their logo grinded off; but in recent years the non geniune market has been dominated by brands like GMB with their own castings/bearings/impellers/seals.

It comes down to price and lead time for you.

Most mechanical workshops would get a GMB/Trueflow from Repco, Veales etc for their bread and butter customers cos the costings would be like $70-90 vs $250-300 from Honda for a B series water pump.

But for us we know where to get orginal water pumps much cheaper ie oemacuraparts:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/find-pa...%20SENSOR%20(3)

US$75.87 for the geniune Yamada waterpump plus shipping, while you are there I'm sure you could do with some other parts to spread the shipping overheads.

Or if you need it in a hurry try one of the traders here, jdmyards sells a geniune Honda water pump for $200.

Last time a fren bought a GMB water pump with my Repco trade card for his B18C it cost him $90-100 few years back.
    Last edited by EG30; 17-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Purchased gmb waterpump from blacktown spares for 100.