Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    South Australia doesn't require rwc to sell car

what?
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    y wud u travel that far.. it doesnt even look good.. theres more immaculate examples out there for the same price if not better.. look at the high kms. ew

Quote Originally Posted by integraR View Post
    South Australia doesn't require rwc to sell car

what?
    Because it gets checked by inspection before it can be registered on our roads.
    EG

Member Array
    My mate wanted to travel that far as the pics looked fairly clean, guy sounded genuine, provided licence etc..
    and he negotiated to a price of $12k.

Too good to be true, really is too good to be true.
    I did tell him that we were comin with some1 with panel beatin experience etc and he goes confirmed it was all sweet.
    even asked specifics such as gaps, paint match etc.

oh well !

Quote Originally Posted by Lossehelin View Post
    My mate wanted to travel that far as the pics looked fairly clean, guy sounded genuine, provided licence etc..
    and he negotiated to a price of $12k.

Too good to be true, really is too good to be true.
    I did tell him that we were comin with some1 with panel beatin experience etc and he goes confirmed it was all sweet.
    even asked specifics such as gaps, paint match etc.

oh well !
    What did he say after you pointed out all the defects?

Member Array
    He tried to tell me that he didn't know and that his mechanic said it was accident free.

Then he tried to tell me that the welds are factory and the cracks in the chassis were normal lol

Bad luck man, hard to see in pics

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Lossehelin View Post
    He tried to tell me that he didn't know and that his mechanic said it was accident free.

Then he tried to tell me that the welds are factory and the cracks in the chassis were normal lol
    A seller will say anything to get you to buy the car. Why cares what he says, just get your panel beater to look at it.

Face it, it's an middle-aged car with about average Kms.

A car of this age and mileage is bound to have repairs done due to prangs. Looks like this one has had a bad hit that wasn't repaired well. Time to move along and look at another one. Don't settle for crap, even if it takes you a few months to find a clean one.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 18-06-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5
    plenty of decent dc5r/s out there in better condition. keep your eye out at clubitr.

its also marked as sold.. some poor bloke might have bought it
    Last edited by willtran; 18-06-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    if hes giving you Championship White DC5R for 12k without even seeing the car, that should of raised some eyebrows there

everyone knows the honda fanboys championship white dc5 has honda fanboy tax that make it worth 10k more than any other colour

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenki View Post
    What a scumbag How old was he? Can't believe he lied to you and made you go all the way from Syd!
    I think thats a little far fetched saying that ...Op sort of chose to take a gamble, although a calculated one by..

- trusting the sellers word (mistake)
    - not asking for close up pictures
    - seeing cheap price only but not asking why

Even if all the above checked out, its still a gamble as different in person vs pics. The gamble being air fair and time. Have to be prepared to lose both.

To say the seller made him fly out is a bit much. But yes of course seller is still a douche and sucks op had to go through it.
    Last edited by Rudy; 18-06-2012 at 08:36 AM.