Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array

Don't buy this dc5R!!! Warning to others interested =)

Hi guys, just wanted to give any1 whos looking at this car a heads up.

This fella told me car was immaculate, straight, no accidents, A1 engine and I told him I would fly to Adelaide from Sydney to buy this car with my friend as he wanted a white dc5R.

everything was false, and 100% misleading and wasted my friends money on airfares.

The car has had a front radiator support welded in, rear chassis has been welded in, and I don't see how this car is not recorded on revs, would have cost a fortune to fix.
    All panels have ridiculously large gaps, some I could stick my thumb in between and the engine had a huge leak with blue smoke blowing out the black and a milky engine oil cap.

so if any1 is looking at this interstate becaues it is fairly cheap, just giving you a heads up

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...e=Year:Min,Max

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    What did you guys do when you saw its true condition?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    LOL the photos look mint. Did you take any photos of your own while inspecting? Would be keen to see the difference.

Many many cars are not on revs because they have not been recorded to insurance , police or the Rta etc.

Luckily the one you viewed stood out ! I'm sure lots out there aren't as lucky.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up dude. There be hustlers out there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Many many cars are not on revs because they have not been recorded to insurance , police or the Rta etc.

Luckily the one you viewed stood out ! I'm sure lots out there aren't as lucky.
    That's right, it's only a write off when insurance comes in.
    Lots of cars go panel beaters for cash jobs coz of accidents
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Yea, hence this car would've cost a fortune out of someones pocket to repair.

There was also signs of fire damage on some interior panels, and overspray resedue on trims, and in between panels etc.

Rubbish car!

Hope any1 whos looking at this sees this thread! Dont want others to lose out on money like my mate.
    Flights aint cheap !

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    You should have kicked in the qtr panel or threw a brick on it...

These scummy lowlifes deserve it

What a scumbag How old was he? Can't believe he lied to you and made you go all the way from Syd!

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    SA plates maybe its listed on whatever revs sort of thing they have? sucks man looks clean in those pics

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Yeh in the pics you can't see thumb size panel gaps

Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    SA plates maybe its listed on whatever revs sort of thing they have? sucks man looks clean in those pics
    We have PPSR which checks for ecumberance.

The check vehicle registation page comes up with ANY recorded stolen/wrecked/written off status.
    Last edited by infurNOS; 17-06-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    EG